Did a little Christmas shopping

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was at our local bookstore the other day because they advertised Christmas Cards 50% off. They had a table of Christmas items 50% off as well. I bought a set of angel chimes (you know the ones where you light the four candles and it makes the angels fly around?) off the internet last year for $15 plus shipping and handling. My mom had said she wished she'd known I'd found them as both she and my brother wanted a set. Well, on this table were the same chimes I bought on the internet, but for $5.57, and then 50% off! I got a set for my mom and a set for my brother for just over $5! They also had little blue snowflake boxes with a silver snowflake necklace and a poem inside for $12.00. It's a very pretty, delicate snowflake that would be suitable for a child or an adult. Four gifts for under $20. Not bad!

:bigsnow:

VictorianChristmas

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Oregon
YOU DID GOOD! :skate: I love sharing things like this so I hope you dont mind me sharing my finds.

I just hit Kmart and I got a Martha Stewart tablecloth for my SIL for her next birthday Nov. 27th. She loves anything with trees or leaves on them and this had Christmas trees. She also loves tablecloths. It was $12.99 and it cost me $3.25. I get her tons of cool things in a gift basket of food and goodies for her birthday so this will be added to that.

I also got myself a salt and pepper set $1, Christmas Martha kitchen towels set of 2 for $1 each (4 sets), myself a Martha tree tablecloth, 2 rolls of Martha wrapping paper $1 each, Christmas cards $1, Santa placemats 4 for $1, candy cane ornaments 5 sets to put on my tree, and a box of glass ornaments. I am happy! :heartsNY:

Last night I went to Barnes and Noble and their Christmas cards were only 50% off but I could not resist this Mary and Jesus reproduction cards by a Renissance artist.

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Great job ladies!

I too tried to get rid of my "after Christmas blues" by shopping. I placed a great big order to Terrys villiage and did awesome there! Got some gifts and decor for next year. Then i went to Hallmark and got some Christmassy stuff. Made me feel better putting something in my lonely empty gift closet!

Kelly :heartsNY:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
joining this group also :jumpinghearts: I had some gift cards that I used to redcorate my bathroom. Doing it in navy blue and white. Went to Kohls and found some great deals there. Found two very cute tealight lamps for 4.00 each. I wasn't going to buy any more decor, but both lamps are more of a winter theme so I can use them for January.
Sounds like all of you are finding great deals. I saw that tree tablecloth at K Mart. love the blue and white tree one. :bigsnow:

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
I got that tree tablecloth from Martha!!!! Not as good a deal as you got, as I got it 50% off, but I was still happy! DKs really liked the blue one, too, but I got the green as the dining room is done in shades of green.

I also picked up a red plaid tablecloth from Martha--I put it on my table for New Year's and will leave it up for Valentine's Day. It makes me smile to peek into my dining room!

I also took advantage of Yankee Candle's BOGO last week. I still spent too much, but I'm set for next Christmas! (And fall...)

VictorianChristmas

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Oregon
Yes it never occured to me until you said to use it until Valentines day --the red plaid Martha tablecloth and some of the placemats work into Valentines day. I may go out to another store now. LOL! I must be crazy still shopping for more Christmas items! LOL!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Awesome deals! Wish we still had a Kmart here -- we have 3 Walmarts within 20 minutes of my home, but the nearest Kmart is an hour's drive. Maybe I should try shopping on line for them.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yes, we LOVE Christmas bargains! And it is almost as much fun to hear about our friends here snapping them up - as it would be to get them ourselves!! Maybe more - because we all only have a limited amount of space for storing Christmas things. And a limited amount of time for unpacking, displaying, and then packing them up again. But we have an unlimited love for Christmas!

I love Martha Stewart. Now I am wondering if I should make a trip to K-Mart. Or if I should continue with my goals of decluttering and budgeting for 2008. Hmmmm.

MissyToes

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I also put in a HUGE order at Terry's-it arrived today and it was like Christmas all over again! I am going to group these gifts for this year together-take pictures and put them in my book so that come June-I can remember what I bought. :skate: