Dining Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I know there are some creative people here, and I need some help. I am doing my kitchen in peppermint.( red,Green,white) My dining room is right next to my kitchen. I need ideas for my dining room. Especially a centerpiece.
One that will be relatively in expensive.

This is for Christmas.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
This is one I made many years ago. I used a large silver Revere bowl with a liner. Inside I put a large block of soaked Oasis. I put a red candle in the middle, and filled in with mixed greenery and holly. Then I stuck in candy canes all around in the greenery, into the Oasis. Make sure that the celophane (one L or two?) doesn't have any holes below the water line, or the water will get inside, and they'll look yucky. Don't know how removing the celophane would work.

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I've used candy canes tied around pillar candles. Also you can use clear drinking glasses and then add tea lights. I've used ribbon and twine to tie them to the outer sides. If you leave the cellophane on just make sure the hooked part is facing outward away from any flames. If you use the new flameless candles then no worries! My kitchen is done in gingerbread and candy theme for the holidays.

:bigsnow:

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
One year, I took my cake dome and filled it with glass balls, grapevine, and other little Christmas goodies. You could do the same with red balls and little peppermints.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Get a clear glass hurricane globe and put a red or green pillar candle in it...then unwrap either peppermints or the green striped ones (the small ones, not the canes) and fill in around the candle. Then put a small holly wreath or candlering around it. Wal-Mart has the hurricane globes in the craft department (not the candle dept) for really cheap-like $3-4 each.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Great ideas ladies! Are you looking to continue the colour theme or highlight one colour?