e-cloths

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Has anyone tried the new e-cloths? I used one yesterday on my large dining room window. Later the sun came streaming through and it looked great! I had previously washed the window with a regular micro-fiber cloth, but it left tiny particles of lint all over the window that literally sparked in the sun (not in a good way). While I had the e-cloth handy and damp, I cleaned my glasses with it. I was amazed at how clear they were. They seem pricey, but you can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond and use one of your 20% off coupons! I'd recommend giving them a try.

I think they would make good stocking stuffers for adults.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One of the things with micro-fiber cloths is not to wash them with other items like towels. The fibers will catch the lint off the towels. I wonder if it's the same with e-cloths? I love them. Will go check out BBB.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for the tip. I knew not to use with fabric softener but had never heard not to wash with towels.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Here's a link to the youtube video I watched. This guy is a little OCD about his cloths but it was good info. He uses them for car washing. Made me go wipe out my washer!!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I ordered some cloths from a friend.... haven't received them yet.... reallly expensive! hoping they work good. Knew about the softener but not the other towels - thanks Diedra

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes! One of the moms at the bus stop introduced the e-cloth to me last fall. She let me borrow it for the day to try it. I could see a difference with the interior side of the windshield. I raved about it to my husband. He surprised me with it at Christmas. I just hand wash it and let it air dry. I didn't know that they are sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am aware of 2 kinds of e-cloths the Norwex sold through home sales business and e-cloth that I can find at Ace Hardware. The e-cloth is less expensive than Norwex. I have the e mop and love it. I have 2 of the Norwex but I believe DH put them in the dryer by mistake.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
well I just learned something. I use alot of microfiber clothes, especially at my clients houses and I always wash them with my other towels. I'l not do that. I did notice recently that when I use on glass it was leaving behind specs. I guess that's why. And dang..he does take his towel washing seriously!!! LOL
I just had this conversation in my home last week because I've been deep cleaning and dusting. Microfiber towels really have changes the way I clean. Sometimes cleaning solution isn't even needed now. Most times I don't use a dusting cleaner anymore. I'll just use water and my microcloth. Now if it's wood I'll most likely go back over it with a polish, but that's it. Give me a microfiber towel, a magic sponge, some 409 and I am GOOD TO GO!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I just watched part of the video. I thought all microfiber towels were the same. I bought "microfiber" towels from Dollar Tree last year. Now, I'll have to see what their percentages are.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I use something called the "cleaning cloth". They are 1.95 at the Amish/ Mennonite stores. I've had mine for 2 years now and still works great. It some type of micro fiber too. Not sure who makes them.