Earlier than planned......

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
It seems our elves will be arriving several days earlier than originally planned. While I was sitting here going over my elf plans and assigning dates to activities and mischief, I realized that we are going to be gone for an entire week right in the middle of all this. The elves will go with us, however, I won't be able to do what I had planned in someone else's house. So, I had to go back and reconfigure all my plans and double up. It worked out pretty good though.

I had planned on Edwyn and Ellie arriving on December 1st, however, now they will be arriving November 28th. Their method of arrival will be with a fully decorated table-top tree in my son's room with the elves sleeping underneath in their boxes with a note from Santa for DS to discover upon waking Wednesday morning. Tomorrow I have to really clean up his room, there's still clutter from our recent move, and make room for this small tree. I was hoping that they would arrive with the Chicken Soup for the Soul book but I don't think it's even shipped yet so that's out of the question.

Anyway, I could use a little help. One of the days we are going to be making snowflakes and hopefully reading a snowflake book, if I can find one at the library. The next day I want DS to wake up to the front room decorated like the North Pole. So far I plan to hang snowflakes (ones we've made and some store bought ones) from the ceiling and throw cotton balls everywhere to look like the elves had a snowball fight. But i'm at a loss as to what else to do. Any ideas? The room is fairly big and our Christmas tree is in there, along with a fireplace, piano, couch, loveseat, and big chair with ottoman.

Here's some pics from when we first moved in:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/ ... C04323.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/ ... C04322.jpg

Now the Christmas tree is in between the chair and loveseat, in front of the window. Stockings are hung from the fireplace as well.

I'm not looking for anything expensive or fancy, just simple and cheap.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You guys are sooo organized and ready for the elves. I just found my elves over the weekend and still waiting for my brother to bring back our computer so I can finally start printing things out. I am off tomorrow and have to figure out where I put my digital camera so I can start taking passport pictures and get this thing started...hehe!! I spent weeks thinking this wasn't going to happen this year and now I just can't wait for December 1st to arrive. Plus our town Christmas parade is on December 1st so they will have an exciting first night with our family!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just got my elves on Sunday. LOL I'm not doing passports, just a letter from Santa explaining about the elves. A 5 year old doesn't know what a passport is anyway so no loss for us. hehe

I finalized all my elf plans last night and made a list of things I need to get. We are going to be gone for a week in the middle of this, which really sucks, so I had to double up on some of the activities. I got it all figured out though, thank goodness.

Here's my plans:
Wednesday November 28th- Arrive under decorated table top tree in DS's room with letter from Santa.

Thursday November 29th- Christmas book out with a note to read it and supplies to make snowflakes. (try to find book about snowflakes)

Friday November 30th- Snowflakes hanging from ceiling and cotton balls all over front room, front room will look like North Pole.

Saturday December 1st- Make cinnamon dough ornaments and receive Chicken Soup book!

Sunday December 2nd- Wake up to elves watching movie and eating popcorn, included will be instructions to make popcorn garland.

Monday December 3rd- Mirrored computer note with instructions to make paper chains and supplies will be hidden.

Tuesday December 4th- Ingredients and recipe for homemade hot chocolate with a new mug to drink it in.

Wednesday December 5th- Snow family out of marshmallows with instructions for one more.

Thursday December 6th- Wake up to shoes hung from fan.

Friday December 7th- Listen to Christmas music all day and sing carols. Camp under the tree.

Saturday December 8th- Supplies to make cards for grandparents

Sunday December 9th- Family dinner mom's side and watch Christmas movies.

Monday December 10th- Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday December 11th- Trip to see the lights

Wednesday December 12th- Bake cookies.

Thursday December 13th- Paint swirl ornaments.

Friday December 14th- Leave for trip. Elves will be packed with a note asking if they can come.

Sunday December 23rd- Gingerbread House kit, bake cookies.

Monday December 24th- Family dinner with dad's side. Surprise elf mischief and PJ’s arrive from Mrs. Clause. (my mom and stepdad will be doing this)

Tuesday December 25th- Note wishing farewell from elves and a thank you from Santa.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Mrs. soup-I love the warm colors of your decor!
Do you have any of those icicle type lights,as you could string those at ceiling height around the perimeter of your room. Tie your curtains back with red or blue tassle cords(depending on whether you want to go icy or toyland-y) If you wanted you could even get lrg. sheers to put over your regular curtains. Or buy Crystal organza-but that could be pricey-I guess. You could buy Those big Candy canes-one for either side of the fieplace-or make some . Buy Sauna tubes from a building supply store paint them white and use wide red ribbon to make the stripes. These are hollow and open at the ends but you could make them into columns by adding wooden squares to the top and bottom.
Also you can get that white felt already cut like icicles and some has glitter on it-you could use that as a valance or on your mantle.
Sorry to ramble!
Love your list-great ideas!
Christmas creations-sounds like fun!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks for the ideas! I'll have to talk with DH when he gets back tomorrow and see what he thinks. I like the candy cane idea and we do have icicle lights but they were going to be for the front of the house, however, I do have tons of extra multi-colored lights I could string around the ceiling. I never use the ceiling fan either so I could get some icicles and hang them from there, didn't think about that before.

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Mrs. Soup, those elves are adorable! I believe I read that you found them at Walmart, is that right? We are going away too and I had to double up on some of the activites also. We will be gone the first week of December so I am having the elves arrive the first day we get back.

I love Jackfrosty's ideas to turn your living room into the North Pole - too cute!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Yes, I found them at Walmart. I live in a very small town so sometimes we get things others don't, but mostly other Walmarts have way more stuff than ours does. LOL

My books came today!!! They weren't supposed to be here until Friday and I was so bummed because I wanted the elves to come with the Chicken Soup book but they came today, 3 days early!