Easter 2016...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I'm giggling to Ellen....

I have an egg hunt for the grandkids. Of course my grandson is too young but his sister will help him I'm sure. I'm hoping to be able to hide th eggs outside.
I still give my dds something so this year my oldest dd is getting chocolates plus a family pass for the zoo here. My youngest didn't want chocolates so she's getting a plant and I'll poke some plastic eggs onto skewers and fill some with scratch tkts and money. Then place the eggs skewers around the plant. It will look like flowers.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Washed another batch of plastic Easter eggs yesterday - I think I have enough now! Will plan on filling tonight after DS is in bed! I'm recruiting DH to help!

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,

After Easter mass it's back to our home for a mid-day meal. We will be serving:
*mini quiches served w/ pink grapefruit mimosas
*roast leg of lamb w/ mint sauce, served with a Bordeaux
*roasted new potatoes & asparagus
*spinach, strawberry, and almond salad w/ poppyseed dressing
*hard dinner rolls & butter
*coffee, and carrot cake

***After such a large dinner will will not be having tea in the afternoon. Instead, we will have a cheese plate with fruit, cheese, crackers, cheese straws, deviled eggs, fig spread, almonds, and some crudités & dip, served with a white Burdeeaux and sparkling cider.

A blessed Easter to you all...

Gidget-

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Last yr. or yr. before I did the napkins to look like carrots

I will have to google how to make the napkins look like carrots. I like that idea.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I hope everyone had a GREAT Easter weekend! We had a lot of fun! Took DS to a local nursery that had a train ride, egg hunt, petting animals and got his picture with the Easter Bunny :)

That was Saturday evening, then we did Easter basket first thing Sunday morning and went down to family for Easter supper. Food was so good and getting to visit with folks even better! They made a 28 lb standing rib roast! That thing was massive! But the definition of eating local as it came from a farm right down the road!

Easter egg hunt in the yard went well - but it was warm enough that the chocolate melted in the plastic eggs! Had to put it in the fridge to reform!

Went to Walmart today and picked up several items on Easter clearance for next year, including stickers, grass, pencils and a nice stuffed bunny. :) Will hit Target tomorrow!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hit Target this morning before work and got 70% Easter items! Yippee!

But I will say, that other than food items - which still said 30% off - there wasn't much left!

But I got a cute little white ceramic bunny tea light holder, a couple rolls of cellophane wrap, a bunny bubble wand, and three Nivea lip balms for just over $7 - so I was pretty happy!