Easter 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've finalized my plans for Easter classroom treats - making these simple "bunny bags" that I'll just put some candy in:

https://pin.it/wdjcyw6jakx5da

Then I have some hand soaps in pastel colors from JoAnn's ($1 each) and some Easter themed packaging chapsticks that I'll bundle with some PB Eggs and a tag that says "You Are An Eggcellent Teacher" for his teacher and two aides!

Then I think I will do up a batch of cinnamon rolls to take into the school the Thursday before it lets out for Good Friday/Spring Break - as a treat for the staff in general. Will make some sort of cute tags to go with to label them...

Heard back from family we go down to for Easter - sounds like we are on track!

Have scheduled myself time to get classroom treats, etc. done, fill Easter eggs and assemble DS's basket! I'm worried about having enough time to finish Easter wreath by this weekend when I wanted to - but I might just be able to squeak it in!

Reactions: teachermomof2

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Vic and I have to admit to a terrible parenting fail. I bought Sophia a lovely Cadbury's chocolate egg from the British food store, planning to take it with us when we go out to Washington next week. The other night, we both had such a terrible chocolate craving (ok, it was mostly mine but Vic went right along with me!), we cracked open the egg and ate the whole thing. Guess where I had to go on my way home from the luncheon yesterday? Yes, back to the British food store to pick up another one (which thankfully they still had one). My luncheon pals thought our little fail was hilarious!

Reactions: tanya and GrammaDeb

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well looks like our Easter dinner plans got changed. Was suppose to go to SIL's for dinner but that's not happening now so we will stay home and I will cook. Now I have to decide what to cook .. Ham, lasagna, steaks .. such hard decisions LOL.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Vic and I have to admit to a terrible parenting fail. I bought Sophia a lovely Cadbury's chocolate egg from the British food store, planning to take it with us when we go out to Washington next week. The other night, we both had such a terrible chocolate craving (ok, it was mostly mine but Vic went right along with me!), we cracked open the egg and ate the whole thing. Guess where I had to go on my way home from the luncheon yesterday? Yes, back to the British food store to pick up another one (which thankfully they still had one). My luncheon pals thought our little fail was hilarious!
Are the Cadbury eggs at British store different from what we find at say Target?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Sound to me like you were just testing the egg to be sure it was good enough for Sophia. A very good parenting practice.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Are the Cadbury eggs at British store different from what we find at say Target?
Yes, they have a huge variety. Each candy bar has its own egg - a big chocolate egg contained smaller versions of the candy - Maltesers, Aero, Crunchie, Flake, Creme Egg, Mini Eggs - if you're familiar with any of those. There are also other British candy companies besides Cadbury's that bring out their eggs at Easter. Here's a small selection in the photo attached.

Attachments

• Easter Eggs are in.jpg
    Easter Eggs are in.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 9

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I have been thinking about Easter too. I picked up 3 boxes of hot chocolate mix last week and I will put one box each in DH, DS and DD bags. I have some DVDs on layby and they will go in also. Need to think of what else. Definitely a chocolate bunny or eggs. It is Autumn here and starting to cool down.
For my mum I will get "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack.

Dinner will be a roast beef or Chicken with loads of roasted veggies and gravy and for dessert maybe a chocolate pudding or a macaroon pie. Still need to decide.
We bought The Greatest Showman soundtrack in the car on the way home from seeing the movie - great music! We wake up to This is Me every morning.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
decorated for easter today. maybe we can get some warm weather to stay

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've gotten some of my Easter decor up - but still have more to get out.

Tested the Lemon Cheesecake recipe yesterday that I'd like to take for Easter - DH loved it. I was just so so. It's not bad - I think I was just craving chocolate :)

I think I'll plan on making it still and maybe just slicing fresh strawberries to on top. Then I'll make fresh whipped cream with a bit of lemon zest thrown in!

Need to get started on classroom treats and teacher gifts! I've given up on making my wreath for this year! I'll still try to do it soonish - so I can tuck it away for next year...

I also bought eggs yesterday too - I find that older eggs tend to peel better when I hard boil them and I'm in charge of bringing Deviled Eggs again this year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, completely understandable about the egg....;)
Just need to actually wrap the gifts and pack the Easter baskets. There was some great Easter tissue paper at a shop I saw which I would love to use. Will pop back and get it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went through and organized all the things I have stashed away for Easter - put Easter egg filler items in one bag and all the items for Easter basket in another. Got all the empty plastic eggs - old and new - in one place as well.

Packaged up teacher/aide gifts in gift bags, made tags and tied them on.

Read to fill bunny bags for classroom treats as well. Will pick up ingredients needed to make cinnamon rolls, including foil pans, since I plan to make a batch to take into the school for staff a couple of days before they let out for Spring Break.

Coordinating with family we go do for Easter dinner - we are having Prime Rib this year - Yum! I don't have to do the rolls this year - one of them are handling it. So I just have appetizers including Deviled Eggs and the cheesecake to tackle!

Need to think about what we will wear now! I need to get new pants/jeans for DS anyway - his are getting a little tight - so maybe I'll get him a nice new shirt while we are out shopping this weekend. I have plenty of things to wear at the moment but I need to see what shirt DH wants to wear and make sure it gets ironed in time!

Finally, I want to still make Easter cards for a few friends. Have a very simple design picked out - am going to try and make them this weekend and mail on Monday! Fingers crossed!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a shop today that had all their Easter decor reduced by 50%. Got the tea towels that I have been eyeing off. Also got 2 cute ceramic bunnies. Very happy.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great finds, Katrina!!! I've been keeping my eye out for similar deals but nothing so far!

I picked up two pots of hyacinth bulbs (3 to a pot) yesterday that will be hostess gift and MIL gift for Easter respectively. I'm glad I got them now, they were flying off the shelves - I don't think there are going to be any left when I go to the store next Thursday!

I will re-wrap the pots in burlap or brown paper and tie with white lace or twine or something - add a cute tag, etc.

I got the last of the Easter candy yesterday too - both for DS's basket and for the class treats! Will start work on filling bunny bags and maybe even plastic Easter eggs tonight!

I also made 4 Easter cards that I'll mail out today to various friends. So it is all coming together!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to see my daughter of Easter Weekend. She's been asking for pot roast the last two times she's been home, but it's been so crazy it hasn't happened. So I think that's what we'll have for Easter dinner. No dessert though..I'm doing a whole food plan for 30 days and it's not over till Tuesday. Tuesday she's taking me to her favorite bakery for Tiramisu....I can't wait!!! I'm driving to see her, so I'll be taking all her candy and basket with me. That will make it so much easier. I was trying to figure out what I'd do if I flew out, but I have to much stuff to take with me so driving it is.

I'm not doing Easter decor again and honestly think I might just get rid of it at this point. I haven't decorated for Easter in years. Once St. Patrick's Day is over I'm just kinda done. That sounds bad, but it's true. I'll probably see what my daughter wants to take and then donate the rest.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Last year I picked up a large lime green lidded clear tote. I put all Easter items in it. It was wonderful this year to just pull out the tote to find everything I had for Easter. I also took a photo of the things I picked up at the after Easter sale so I knew what I had in it without pulling it out. I put this photo in my Easter Notebook. This large tote holds everything Easter plus any wrapping paper I had.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Dropped off teacher/aide gifts, classroom treat bunny bags and 3 big pans of cinnamon rolls at school this morning! We'r in the home stretch now! Looking forward to a long weekend! I' off Friday and will use part of the time to prep food for Easter Sunday.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Any one here have experience with bringing a spiral sliced ham to someone's house for dinner?

We go to my in-laws on Holy Saturday for dinner and then my parents on Easter Sunday. We bring a side dish to each house but I'm thinking about offering to bring a ham to each place next year. I've noticed last year and then again this year, that the dinner prep for the moms seems to be a bit more tiring. I think they enjoy the hosting. At least it seems like it.

I thought a spiraled cut ham that we can bake here, slice here and then bring over in a crock pot might work. Does that sound reasonable? We don't want to overtake their kitchen. When there is more than two people in the kitchen, you bump into each other. The kitchen is very tiny.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I think the ham idea is a great one! Did you end up doing that?

Our Easter went off smoothly, it was a great day!

Lessons learned = bring foil pans for leftovers and don't forget some carrots to feed the horses!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Any one here have experience with bringing a spiral sliced ham to someone's house for dinner?
I carried a Honeybaked Ham on a plane from WI to Texas one year. We ended up eating the ham cold for our holiday dinner because it was so good.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The ham sounds like a great idea.
Our Easter was very quiet but a happy day. Kids and mum enjoyed there bags so that was good. Need to remember for next year.