Easter 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Made the Bouron Caramel Pecan sauce for the cheesecake last night - almost bombed it - didn't realize you don't stir caramel!!!!! UGH! But it turned out great and I have 3 jars in the fridge!

Got all the grocery shopping done for Easter as well - will start some of the food prep tonight!

That caramel sauce sounds good

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i will finish my shopping when i get off tomo only a couple things to pick up i have to work sun morning for 4 hours then ill be off the rest of the day and monday ill have 9 for dinner easter celebration and 2 daughters bday s

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
it is Easter Sunday here. Easter bags have been opened and well received.
Not sure what will be for dinner today as DH and I were meant to be away at the farm but came home early. It might be an Easter feast of sausages and potato bake which is fine with me.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Made a ham, au gratin potatoes, fresh spinach, and strawberry fluff salad. My dessert was almost a fail, but I rescued it. I was looking forward to making an orange marmalade cake, but my cake caved in the middle. So I made a "deconstructed" dessert as they would call it on the Food Network..LOL I cut the good edges into pieces, drizzled it with the orange marmalade and added a large dollop of whip cream on top. Tasted super yummy! It was only 4 of us tonight, but it was nice.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice save Michelle.

Our dinner went well. Did not make a lot of food so leftovers are at a minimum. I might try to stretch the hame into some scalloped potatoes tomorrow. I have my notes written up and filed in the Easter notebook.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im taking my easter decor down this weeknd i did take the garden flags down when i came home today

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We had a very simple Easter dinner with the children which is what I really needed after a very busy four weeks. I made just enough of the vegetables so the only extra food was the ham. That will be used for future dinners.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a few Easter gift bags and some gift tags while I was shopping. All at 50% off. Will be OK now for bags for next year.
Did not put out much decor so it was a quick pack up here.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I bought a ham for $10 and literally we'll have 4 more meals from it. That's nice!! Tomorrow I'm going to make ham and cheese omelets. Sounds yummy!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still haven't gotten around to take down Easter things! Haven't found much at ALL with after Easter clearance - i think I missed it! :(

Our holiday went great - and too quickly! DS loved his Easter basket!