Easter 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Easter bags are packed and I will give them to the kids when they come for dinner on Friday night. DS bag will stay here and he will get it on Easter ( I dare say he will open it before then). DH and I are away for Easter so will post cards from somewhere on our holiday so that the kids get something in the post. Don't normally do cards but will this year.
Easter dinner for us will be in a town on the road and at this stage it could be a McDonalds!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Randomness, but I've done a self reflecting Easter decorating therapy session with myself..lol I've really thought about why I don't go out of my way to decorate for Easter. Sometimes I have the excuse that it's too close to St. Patrick's Day and that's a must in our house, other times I think it's because I love winter so much and it means saying goodbye to winter, I also always had to work it most of my life and lastly I realized that maybe subliminally I don't because it was my ex's favorite holiday. NOW....that doesn't take away form the spiritual portion, I get that at church for sure, but just the pastel, easter bunny loving part of it. SOOOOOOOO I'm making myself pick up my Easter decorations this year and put some out. The stuff I have, I've literally had for 20 years, so maybe that's part of it as well. I need new stuff!! I'm rambling, but I will report back and let you know if I succeed or not. ;)

It is really super that you've realized that. When you can name something, then you can change something. Please let us know what Easter decorations you end up buying. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have the Easter decorations up in our front hall. I will probably pull out the rest this week. I still need to buy the candy.

We just found out that Dh will be playing at Easter Sunday Mass. I have to figure out if I am doing a simple breakfast after church and a bigger ham dinner or if I am doing a brunch when we get back from church and then have a simple ham dinner. Decisions. Decisions.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've always thought it would be fun to have people over for dinner after Easter and serve rabbit. Would have to be for adults or teens. As a kid we raised meat rabbits so I'd have no problems with fixing or eating rabbit.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Easter decor is up!

Went through the totes upstairs of all the plastic eggs - got them sorted - figured out what I bought at the clearance sales last year for this year's Easter basket for DS too.

All our egg decorating supplies are in one place now too.

Picked up a few fun wobble head scented markers for his basket and one other thing that escapes me right now - lol

I got Easter grass too - they had bags for $0.25 each at the Restore Store of all places!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just seen some giant eggs some people with Cricuts are decorating with vinyl. I wasn't going to do anything big for the grandkids, but I might make those actually and put a few things in there. They are super cute!

I also decided I'm going to make an Orange Marmalade cake for Easter. I made marmalade a few years ago and havne't used it. I seen that recipe some time ago and it sounds so interesting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered another round of mini boxes of cereal and color changing spoons from Amazon - they were delivered yesterday. This time I got yellow spoons that change to orange :) I have Easter treat bags I'll slip them in for each of DS's classmates for their "treat" this year. Candy no longer allowed - and although I don't think much of the nutritional value of most breakfast cereals I think this will be accepted by the school, lol

Will need to print tags for the spoons so they realize what they do, and figure out ribbon to tie up the bags. I should have white curling ribbon upstairs still...

Confirmed that we are smoking a brisket for Easter this year! Family we go down to is on vacation in FL this week so I'll touch base next week sometime to finalize things I am making. DH does the brisket! lol

I'm guessing I'll be in charge of Deviled Eggs again - bought some yesterday so I have "old" eggs as they are easier to peel!

Probably a cheesecake or some other dessert and maybe rolls of some kind. I'll have to see what they have in mind this year!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Brisket! Coconut cake! Yummm!!
I hate trying to peel fresh eggs thanks for reminding me! I'll hang on to the eggs I have and buy fresh for my cheese cake.
I just need to put my cards in the mail. My son's easter " box" was mailed yesterday.
Will be having friends over for a easter dinner before easter just need to finalize the date.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've always thought it would be fun to have people over for dinner after Easter and serve rabbit. Would have to be for adults or teens. As a kid we raised meat rabbits so I'd have no problems with fixing or eating rabbit.
LOL! This reminds me of a time when I was driving on a rural road a few years ago. There was a sign a farm that said "Dressed Rabbit." All I could think of was Peter Rabbit wearing those cute little clothes. I was wondering if that was a farm thing to dress up rabbits. Imagine the look and laughter that happened when I asked my friend who is involved with 4-H.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I bought most of the Easter candy. I couldn't find one kind at the store so I am on the hunt for that. I've decided to do a full out Easter dinner and not do Easter brunch. Now I have to plan the dinner menu.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gave DD and BF their Easter parcels on Friday as I will not see them until after Easter. I think that they were happy with what they got.
I think that if I can find so flanellette pjs on special over the next few weeks I might put those away for later. The kids always used to get pjs for Easter when they were little.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
housewife2 - DH will be over promptly on Easter to have some of your coconut cake! :)

Myron's Mom - Woo hoo on getting Easter box mailed! So nice to scratch things like that off the list!

Mary - ROFLOL on the bunny front! I can only imagine the look of horror DS would give me if I told him I was serving rabbit!!! lol We'll stick with carrots!!! Have fun planning your big Easter dinner!!! And please share what you are thinking! What kind of candy are you having trouble finding, btw?

Katrina - You are on the ball with your Easter parcels. And THANK YOU for the idea on the PJs! DS could really use some summer PJs!!!! I am totally on a mission now!

Michelle - Let us know how that cake turns out! I am intrigued!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the tags printed for the color changing spoons and taped on - treat bags filled and closed with twist ties. Made 25 cute paper tags using Cricut and rubber stamping supplies. Started tying the tags on each bag with curling ribbon - only got a few done so far...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW All of your Easter plans sound amazing. As much as I am looking forward to my holiday with DH I am really going to miss being at home. Next year will be a greater celebration I am sure.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I went Easter shopping today after I had sorted out my card box. I found a cute little Easter card in my box that had an Easter story about a rooster and duck. So off to Hallmark for stuffed toys to go with the story. Picked them up along with some cards because who can leave Hallmark without cards. Certainly didn't need the 5 I picked up. I also picked up a gold chain at the Jewelry store.

Once home I found the necklace part I wanted to put on the chain except it was already on a chair (not sure when I had gotten that fixed). I did find DD baby ring so I put that on the chain. So now I'll send both of those to my niece and her daughter. I wrapped up the other items for her kids plus something for her DH. I have a pocket watch that belonged to her great great grandfather that I have wrapped for shipping to her too. I'll toss in photos I have of her Dad and get that off into the mail.

Had to stop to print a boarding pass for a friend. Seems none of her church people knew how to do it. I told her she should set up her email on her phone so she could just use that. She's stopping by tomorrow.

Have a good evening.