Easter 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I know that it is way too early to be thinking about Easter. Just a reminder to look out for chocolates or hot chocolate mix etc in the post Christmas sales that may be used for Easter baskets.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've decided on Easter class treat for this year - will get snack packs of Annie's cheddar or graham bunnies and add a cute tag that says "Hoppy Easter" - still need to decide on something small for teacher and aides...

That is as far as I've gotten. I do have some things put aside for DS's Easter basket - also need to pull out totes of Easter things to "remember" what I got on clearance last year...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have noticed over the last few years that my kids (26 and 31) do not need or really want the Easter bags that I have traditionally done. This year I will cut back on what goes into their bags (maybe 3 or 4 things) and concentrate on a lovely family dinner instead.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have noticed over the last few years that my kids (26 and 31) do not need or really want the Easter bags that I have traditionally done. This year I will cut back on what goes into their bags (maybe 3 or 4 things) and concentrate on a lovely family dinner instead.
Katrina, good call. It's family time that is important in the yearly holidays. A nice chocolate bunny would suffice for my family, rather yet a serving or two of their favorite candy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, good call. It's family time that is important in the yearly holidays. A nice chocolate bunny would suffice for my family, rather yet a serving or two of their favorite candy.
Exactly what I am thinking. A chocolate bunny, and a small bottle of their favourite drink, maybe a chocolate bar.
Family time is the gift that I would appreciate over things.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I haven't gone out to buy Easter candy. I'm wondering if we should make it instead. My mother-in-law makes coconut cream eggs. She just might share the recipe this year. Gosh, I guess I should think about a menu and alternatives if we can't get ham, etc. Easter may look very different this year.

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been thinking about Easter too. It’s just DH and me and we are dieting so we should be okay. We do have a ham in the freezer. Will probably make Mac n cheese to go with it. I seriously think we will still be isolated so I won’t have kids over as we are both 60+.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thinking Easter this year will be a time we really think about how we value our family and friends.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Easter dinner at my parent's house will probably be cancelled as we cannot meet in groups and cannot drive from one region to another as per our PM's recommendations.
I have started putting up Easter decor. will work on some Easter crafts this afternoon.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I haven't started Easter decorations yet. I'll start on April 1. My mother and I just discussed Easter dinner yesterday. There will probably not be one with the family due to the current situation. I'm still planning on cooking for us. I'll drop off some food at my parent's for them to have for dinner, too. I'm thinking that instead of a large Italian Easter bread, I'll make 3 small ones instead and deliver them to my parents and my brother.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My family isn't getting together if this is still going on. We'll have a really great get together after it's over, though. I have a picnic ham in the freezer. sort of hate to make it for just DH and me.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I normally do Easter, but also thinking we won't get together with all. About 18 or 19 of us if all comes.

Older sister cancelled her St. Patricks Day that she was having tomorrow. (3-22-20)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My girls asked me if Easter would be cancelled because the Easter bunny would have to go into so many homes it wouldn't be safe for him because of Covid-19. Aww....I told them they probably wouldn't cancel it completely, but there might be less this year because the bunny won't be able to stay long in each place.
I'd have them leave their baskets outside to make it more realistic, but we have enough animals in the backwoods that their stuff would be gone.

Easter will be downsized this year - DH got bunnies the last trip to the store and I had bought a bunch of Christmas candy on clearance that has no Christmas markings and will make up the rest of their basket.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DS was upset about the thought of not being able to go down and visit family for Easter - mostly because he likes all of their animals (they live on a farm) :)

Haven't broken the news to him yet that we aren't going. Our family we normally visit includes an elderly person not in the best of health - so NOT worth it to risk her if we brought something with us all unknowing!

I have roasts in the freezer so I'm thinking pot roast for Easter dinner + whatever fresh veg and potatoes I can obtain. Worst case I'll use carrots from the freezer, mushrooms and potatoes from a can! Celery "might" last that long - we'll see! Wrapped tightly in foil it lasts for a good long while.

I found a frozen Edwards Key Lime Pie in the freezer that we can have for dessert. I'll make Deviled Eggs - probably only using just 6 eggs total.

I have some toys purchased around Christmas time and put back specifically for Easter basket - will have to dig around upstairs and see what I have - if anything - that would work for Easter egg filler. We don't like just filling with candy - which I ironically have a TON of!!!

I was saving it for making cheesecakes for school fund raiser early May. Which is now officially cancelled. :(

Sometimes I print off little Easter jokes - and I can use money - coins or bills we already had in the house...have to brain storm what else I can do...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm good on Easter. Since the grandson will not be coming none of the rest of us gets gifts/candy. I'll talk with everyone (all two of them) if they want Ham. If so I will just order it online from Nuseske's. Pricey but I'll order the smallest I can with free shipping. Dh loves their bacon so I can round it out with bacon if need be. I ordered some Easter window stickers for the walkers so that will liven it up. I do not have a lot of Easter deco so maybe do some type of Easter craft with DD. Just remembered I do have some Dove bunnies in the pantry.