Easter 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not sure what we will do. I’m thinking we should celebrate Easter and our wedding anniversary on Easter Sunday since we were married on Easter. Normally we celebrate twice but with everything going on..... I’ll fix something really nice for dinner and be done with it (lol, if I can find something really nice). I doubt our son will come home but not sure since he’s not working. I already gave him his stuff for Easter.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We will not be having the large family meal that I had planned. I have a rolled Turkey in the freezer so I will bring that out and do roasted sweet potato and potato.and some peas and corn. I luckily have a few things that I bought weeks ago and will make a small gift bag for the kids. I will pull out some decor today and try and make the house look a little more festive.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I ordered a ham so that arrived Hopping into the freezer. Told Dh if she saw fresh sweet potatoes to pick some up now. I think I will slice them, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with dry French onion soup mix before roasting. Maybe a can of French style green beans since I seem to have a French theme going. For the three of us that will be enough. Morning after I’ll fix Monte Cristo Sandwiches for breakfast or we will have them for dinner if I am lazy that morning. Really rounding out the theme.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, the menu sounds great.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
One of the local restaurants is offering an Easter Meal, serves 5-6 for $59.95. It's their last hurrah before they close up for the duration - it's too hard to social distance as they prep food for takeouts and deliveries. Smart move, I hope they can weather it out, they are one of the nicest places in town. I think I'll be having mac and cheese and a ham steak. Just breaks my heart that Sophia won't be here but it's for the best. There will be plenty more Easters. Didn't do any decorating, just not feeling it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Didn't do any decorating, just not feeling it.
What is your favorite Easter decoration? Mine is a white Bunny vase. Generally not upside down but its a new world now

76B2DC00-4EB3-4066-8D68-285CA435AF6C.jpeg Just put out your favorite Easter decoration. Even if its a bowl of candy.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I will make a menu with options based on what is available at the grocery store. I think tomorrow I'll bring out the Easter decorations. I will have to add Easter candy to the list too.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We are having chicken soup, I made it a few weeks ago and froze, left over ham from Christmas that’s in the freezer, my grandmas fried potato wedges and will make knee patches. Not sure if our son is coming or not. Had thought about getting a ham from the meat market but I don’t want to deal with their usual crowd.

my favorite decoration is up year round in my one China cabinet. I have Easter eggs my grandma decorated and one that my aunt did for me. Very very old (50ish years) and not in the best of shape but beautiful to me.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
What is your favorite Easter decoration? Mine is a white Bunny vase. Generally not upside down but its a new world now

View attachment 638 Just put out your favorite Easter decoration. Even if its a bowl of candy.
I have a Nora Fleming mini - an Easter Basket - on my napkin holder with Happy Easter napkins.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Off to shop for Nora’s minis. There are way to many and cute.

Reactions: PamelaG

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thankfully I bought the candy for the easter baskets a few weeks ago. I ordered a few things on line for the kids which should be here tomorrow. I was going to grill steaks but will have to cook them inside instead. Ran out of propane for the grill plus it's suppose to rain Sunday.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We will be having a ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce and Italian Easter bread for the 4 of us. I'm making a double batch of cream puffs for dessert and some will get delivered to the grandparent's porches with their Easter cards. I'm still planning a dinner and think I'll have the family dress in something other than jeans and tees for dinner.

The kids will get candy and cash, as I am not going out to do more Easter shopping. I had wanted to get M a soccer ball for her basket and totally forgot when I was at Walmart. The books I ordered for dn and dn are back in Missouri because they were unable to deliver to school....which I told scholastic, when I ordered and again before it was shipped, that school was closed. Sigh.

I wasn't feeling the urge to decorate for Easter, but I did...a lighter version than usual, but I still put out some bunnies and such.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got the kids chocolate bunnies when I was at the shops yesterday. Picked up sweet potato and some pumpkin, need to figure out dessert.
They have said to do shopping early in the week if you can to help with distancing.
I need to pack bags and then I am done for gifts.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm keeping Easter super simple this year. While we are watching Mass online, I will have baked oatmeal in the oven. If ham is available, then we'll have that for dinner. If not, then we'll have the roast that is in the freezer. The side dish will be whatever frozen vegetable is in the freezer. The kids are going to make our traditional desserts: sugar cookies in Easter shapes and coconut macaroons. They are also going to make the Easter candy: coconut cream eggs and buttercream eggs.

We're suppose to do a virtual conference call with dh's side of the family on Easter afternoon. We just did one with my side the other day so we'll probably just call each other up.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I didn’t get out any decorations. Dinner will be whatever I have on hand. I have only been to the grocery store every other week. It’s DH, DS16, and me. DD27 (soon to be 28 on Thursday!) is in Vermont.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My kids decorated the house yesterday. It is starting to feel like Easter. It looks like we may have a sunny and warm day on Easter.

I made a change of plans in the menu. There were 2 bags of frozen green beans and one bag of frozen broccoli left at the store on Thursday morning. I bought those and then stocked up on fresh produce. I was able to get a ham, asparagus and carrots. The only Easter candy left was jelly beans and Peeps. I grabbed those. The girls are going to decorate the cookies and I will make the macaroons in a little bit.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Easter to you all.
We are having a turkey roast and pork roast today, had both in the freezer. Will have roast potato, sweet potato and pumpkin and peas and corn. I will do a chocolate sauce pudding. Not the meal I had planned but it is what we have on hand. Luckily I had hot cross buns in the freezer so breakfast is done.
DD and DFSIL are coming over for lunch. The government is letting us have two family members visit so that will be nice.
Not the Easter that we had planned but is the Easter that we will remember.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still have no clue what I am making for breakfast tomorrow...maybe a crustless quiche? Cereal? Cereal's good.

Decorations have been up for a while - not that I have THAT many.

I put DS's Easter basket together yesterday - I "think" it turned out ok - no candy - I did have the Easter grass purchased weeks ago - toys bought around Christmas that were saved for Easter. And I picked up a new Nerf gun a few weeks ago too.

Ransacked the upstairs for anything I could use to go in the eggs we hide - found a few things - purchased some at Meijer - sanitized of course before filling eggs.

Forecast calls for rain tomorrow so I'm afraid to hide the eggs outside tonight - maybe we'll wait and see what it's like in the morning. We usually do NOT have to worry about the hiding of the eggs - DS's cousin hides them for us once we arrive at the farm.

Will be doing a video call with everyone after eating our meal. Looking forward to it so much!!!

I've got a roast thawing and we'll do it with fresh potatoes, carrots, onions and canned mushrooms. We can them freeze any roast we don't eat for future meals.

I'm still making Deviled Eggs!!! Hard boiled them today and have them covered in water sitting in the fridge until tomorrow morning.

I'll get some Seasoned Oyster Crackers out of the freezer too. I "might" make Cream Cheese Cucumber Cups - we'll see how I'm feeling. Some times I get bursts of energy - other times I have to drag myself through the minimum of tasks - I'm sure it's stress :confused:

Since we won't use the whole bag of potatoes in with the roast - and they're really at the point they need to be used - I'm going to make PW mashed potatoes and freeze anything we don't eat.

Mashed potatoes are my ultimate comfort food.

We are indulging in making up a box of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to round things out.

AND for dessert - more comfort food - we're making a Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake - to be served with vanilla ice cream.

Comfort is the theme.

And yoga pants.

Saw a meme asking "When this is all over which meeting do I attend first? Weight Watchers or AA?" :D