Easter 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I got DH to agree to lamb chops - marinated and cooked on the grill.

Will have to think of some good sides.
I wish I could get my husband to agree to lamb chops. I love lamb, he does not. What do you marinate in?

Will be the 2 of us. I have a standing rib roast in the freezer I’ll fix. Along with shrimp cocktail, grilled asparagus, old fashion scallop potatoes ( not the cheese kind) and I think either cheese cake or knee patches for dessert. Our wedding anniversary is Saturday but I think we will wait till Sunday to celebrate since we were married on Easter Sunday.

Reactions: jampss

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a spiral ham the other day for our Easter dinner. I think I am going to make some homemade dinner rolls to go with our dinner too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, that is quite the menu. Happy anniversary to you both.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Amelia - Italian dressing - sometimes with a little soy sauce

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
For the first time in 3 years, I am hosting Easter! It is my holiday to host but 2 years ago it was my brother's b-day on Easter day and we went away to Vegas to meet up with our cousins from Seattle. Last year.........well.....COVID. We weren't even seeing each other at all.

So, this year I said, "Give me my holiday back!" Hahhaaa

My menu does not change. This and Thanksgiving remains the same. But I am going to add a couple of things.

* Honey Baked Ham
* Deviled Eggs
* Scalloped Potatoes
* Pasta Salad
* Broiled Asparagus
* Rolls
New:
* Baked Honeyed carrots
* Carrot Cake Bars

And my sister is going to bring over caprese salad.
I also usually do a fruit salad but I notice it doesn't "go" like other things. So, May omit.

I will also have: Iced tea, Lemonade, Pink Sangria

Annie

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie.....WOW, that is a mouth watering menu. Yum

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I got DH to agree to lamb chops - marinated and cooked on the grill.
My new Ninja grill makes the most amazing lamb chops. It's great to have an indoor grill and not have to battle with the giant barbecue out on the deck.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our Easter plans have been rearranged. We were to have DS, DSGF, and DD over on Sunday for online services and Brunch. Now they are coming on Friday night for brunch and online Good Friday Services. Saturday we will got to DS's in Ohio spend the night with them and I will come back on Sunday with DDil and DGD(9) until Thursday. Dgd did not have an opportunity to come to Grandma Camp and Ddil needs a break and opportunity to see friends that live here. DH will stay in OH and help with Dgds (7) and (4). All will be fine need to be flexible.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well we are now hosting Easter. The last time we and DH's extended family spent Easter together was 13 years ago before my MIL moved out of state. When she lived here she always hosted Easter and Thanksgiving while we hosted Christmas. Sadly we lost her a couple months ago to brain cancer. So this year we are hosting and we will be making what we used to have at Easter when she hosted with a few added side dishes and desserts.

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
Easter is here this weekend and and I am so excited, we finally get back to our favorite dinner theater Easter evening, we are both fully immunized and will wear mask unless eating, plus all tables are distanced and more.
I have our dress up outfits ready to go for over a week already, after over one yr. it will be nice to dress up and go out again. We may be old (and we are) but hubby & I still got some living to do. Below is a pic. of my Easter bunny couple, who sit with us in our media room while we watch TV. Click on pic. to enlarge

Attachments

• IMG_4864.JPG
    IMG_4864.JPG
    739.1 KB · Views: 4

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our Easter Brunch is tonight. A change of plans but not a change in menu. There will be 5 or 6 of us and we have the quite the spread. I may just hang on to this menu for future Easter's or brunches with a twist or two. We are having
Waffles and fried chicken
Ham and hash browns
Cottage Cheese and deviled eggs
Biscuits and honey
Sweet Potatoes
Baked Beans
And
Lemon Pie
A lot of food but small in quantity.
No salads as we are leaving town and they won't get eaten.

I am chuckling to myself as myself as to how much I am like my mom. I basically did all I could a head of time, It is in the frig and the serving dishes are out with labels on them so when the girls get here they can help me put it out. I chuckle because the other day I was talking by phone to my brother and started a list of things he should do before going to TN to see his daughter. Right in the middle of the conversation I stop and said, "Oh, I sound just like my mother....he got a big laugh out of that and then agreed ;)

Well, must run. Prayers for those in need and Happy Easter to all.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
it will be 7 adults and 2 kids for dinner at my daughters. we will have ham
roasted chicken deviled eggs pototo salad green beans mac and cheese corn on the cob salad and cookies and lemon chess pie. tea and lemonade. everyone enjoy their day

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The Halloween lollies are everywhere, if anything is on clearance, can you use it in Easter and should you get it now?
Around Christmas, is there any little gifts that would be suitable for Easter? Plates. napkins etc.
Just a reminder of my earlier post. It is worthwhile to look out for items that may be useful to carry over until Easter. If there is a favourite cookie or chocolate that is around now and might be used in Easter baskets it is a great time to stock up.
DH likes a certain gingerbread type cake which I can only ever find at Christmas, I will buy a few extra packets and pop them away for in Easter baskets.