Easter 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
January flew by and it won't be long before we are in the middle of planning for Easter.
What are your thoughts on meals, gifts for the family and celebrations?

I have some nice warm house socks in the gift closet for DD and I but besides that nothing really just yet.
Time to start thinking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now that Australia Day and Back to school sales are over the Easter Eggs and chocolates have sprung up in the shops. I have a fair idea of what I would like to buy this year for in bags and baskets.
My Easter dinner menu is coming along, it will be cold here so am thinking of maybe a Turkey or a ham with roasted veggies and a chocolate pudding. I have 2 bottles of sparkling apple juice left over from Christmas that can be used too.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I just had to look up when Easter is, it still seems so far away. Sunday, Apr. 12th. Since I have no grands and only one child, Easter is typically spent with a meal together. We used to do brunch after church or a mid-afternoon dinner, depending on where we were spending it. No one in my family is even talking about it yet. But, thank you for the post to remind me of the need to do some advance planning.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes, April 17th. Still a ways of yet I know but it is the next big thing on the Australian calendar.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not sure what we will do. I looked to see if there was any Easter Sunday brunches but no one has anything advertised yet. If nothing else I’ll if a nice dinner for the 2 of us.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Easter is always low key in our house. My husband family did meet up for a dinner the first couple years we were married, but not in a long, long time. So I usually just play it by ear and plan last minute. A couple times I've had my mother in law over for dinner and other years our big annual church conference falls on Easter weekend, so we all stay home and watch that. I do send my daughter an easter box filled with goodies usually.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be a little more low key with DD and DSIL. They don't really eat a lot of chocolate etc so will do a gift card for them.
I have started putting together a few items for DS, I think I will do a small Easter "stocking". There is also a DVD that he would like.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, in years past, we would get together with my sis (lives 1 1/2 hrs away) and niece. But ... my DD is now in VT and DNiece is in PA ... and well, the last two years have sucked for gatherings ... So no plans other than ham and mac & cheese for dinner. If DS will be awake.

Sorry ... I sound pathetic. :( Don't mean to. Just the facts. Maybe ........ if my dad and step ma aren't out of town (they travel a lot), we could get together with them! :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We usually spend Easter with the same friends we see at Christmas but, of course, haven't for the past few years so that is up for grabs.

If DH and I are alone I will probably get some lamb chops to grill. Since it will be during Passover I will be limited in what else I can serve.

DS and DDIL will probably be out in the Hamptons so I'll make a small Easter basket for whenever I see them.

Just remembering the great Easter baskets my mom would make for me. I will color some eggs!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just remembering the great Easter baskets my mom would make for me. I will color some eggs!
My Mum was great with Easter. She would make marshmellow bunnies and eggs for us. I remember the taste of the toasted coconut!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Maybe we should all make ourselves an Easter basket this year as our Celebrate Me Activity.

I missed my PT appointment. Dh, staff and I were in a conversation about the staffs newborn goats that were born. So missed my time to leave. PT was nice by giving me another time this afternoon. My back is better today. I’ve been unable to move from a sitting position without severe pain all week. This is from when I took one of the dog to the vet and she almost pull me over.

Hope all do well in the storm traveling acroos the country. Had no idea there was a storm until I saw it on facebook. We are sunny but only 4F with a wind chill of -7. Stay warm in the storm. Hot chocolate for all tonight.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I really miss the whole Lenten season in our church. I want to celebrate Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) by having friends over for King Cake dessert in the afternoon. I had planned to make a new table centerpiece, but I'm not sure that will be able to happen since my embroidery machine is in for repairs. I will have to evaluate that to see what interim idea I could implement.

So Easter will probably be just DH and I again this year. It will be low key, I assume. We'll most likely fix ham, and I might even color a few hard boiled eggs just for good measure. Not at all sure yet. Weather permitting, a hike or drive would be nice.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My mother had us color the hard boiled inside of the egg with dye! Not the shell …

It looked very pretty when they were deviled.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just picked up the cutest Easter dessert plates and napkins at DG. I like to use paper for dessert.

I'm planning on having Easter here. We'll see who will be in attendance. I'm sure my parents will attend. I don't know if my brother and his gf will or not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will probably share a meal with Mum and DB, not sure if that will be here or at Mum's house.
Will talk to her a bit more about it in the next few weeks.

Reactions: jampss