Easter 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have Easter out at Work . I also saw a lot of pretty Easter out at hobby lobby and home goods .
I have not seen much here yet, I love Easter decor but need to be sensible, I have quite a lot already.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This is The Minimal Mom's sister .......

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
About a month until Good Friday. I think I will pull out my Easter Decor over the weekend.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, I pulled out the spring/Easter decor a week or two back. 2022 is moving moving moving ...

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I decorated at work last Friday.

We rented the park building for Easter. It is $50 and like 22 or 24 are invited. I am thinking 4 to 6 of them won't come--probably.
I have purchased the paper goods or at least 95% of them. Might need a couple more tablecloths. Maybe some small dessert plates. Have to check on the top pantry shelf.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pulled out the Easter gift bags today. Sat and addressed the Easter cards, will post those next week or early the week after. The post still seems slow.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I usually host and it keeps crossing my mind, "Should I send the family text out?"

I just know that I get SUPER stressed about it. But I did claim Easter as "my" holiday when I first bought my house.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
  • Love
Reactions: AnnieClaus

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I pulled out Spring decor last weekend. I didn't get out Easter just yet. I'll probably do that next weekend.

I also claimed Easter as my holiday, but my parents seem to think that they can just claim a holiday whenever they feel like hosting it. I'm going to just do Easter here with our family. H invited his gf here because he figured we'd have dinner here as usual. So...that's how it'll be for us I guess.

Now to review the menu plan....

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Not sure about things here. DGS#3 is going to be coming some time in April. Yesterday, DD29 invited us all to their house the Saturday before Easter for lunch...but with baby coming...who knows??? DDIL is diabetic, so they're saying they'll induce at 37 weeks. Her due date is May 3rd.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to confer with the kids and see if they have plans for Easter. Will then decided if I host Easter or ANZAC Day. I will probably not host both so will make a decision soon. Mum will host which one I don't.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I found a couple of places that are having Easter brunch. Normally brunch would be very appealing to both of us but for what ever the reason we both want to stay home. I have ham in the freezer and will make ham loaf with some of our favorite sides, a nice bottle of wine and knee patches for dessert.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Easter plans are starting to come together!

Coordinated menu plans with DH's cousin as to what she is making and what I am bringing - my contributions this year will include Deviled Eggs, Shrimp Cocktail, Pickle Tray, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and a Cheesecake

I've put up my Easter decorations here at home - including taking an old Easter wreath and sprucing it up with some new picks and sprays.

I've got a few things set aside for DS's Easter Basket and am working on Egg Filler. He's basically "figured out" the Easter Bunny is not real but when we talked about it the other day he gave me the distinct impression that he still wanted the fun of hunting for the eggs, lol

So I'll do it again this year, gladly. I'm sure the time is coming soon when he'll be too "cool" for it anymore. Sigh.

I'm struggling with non-candy egg filler ideas that aren't useless junk and also not super expensive. I ordered some magnet/fidget rings to start. Will keep looking.

I also went through the entire large tote of plastic Easter eggs and sorted them all out. Over the years I kept throwing a bag of that years eggs back in the tote and it was just all over the place. I even found one of my serving spoons I'd been missing!!! lol (It was clean! Just misplaced!)

I'd like to come up with a simple hostess gift idea to take down with me for DH's elderly aunt. We eat at her MIL "cottage" on his cousin's property. It's actually quite a bit larger than a cottage - but in any case I try to bring her flowers or a plant or something every year. So I still need to decide on that.

I'm looking forward to it!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Coordinated menu plans with DH's cousin as to what she is making and what I am bringing - my contributions this year will include Deviled Eggs, Shrimp Cocktail, Pickle Tray, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and a Cheesecake
Please share some of your recipes with us in the MHH Cookbook Part Deux thread.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Easter menu for us is simple. (Remember it is cold here)
Hot cross buns, juice and coffee for breakfast. Instead of hot cross buns we may have Baked French Toast that I think I have shared before.
Lunch is something light, fresh fruit or bread with cheese etc.

Dinner this year is
Turkey breast, with roasted potato, onion, sweet potato and carrots. Boiled peas and corn. Cranberry sauce and gravy.
For dessert
Self saucing chocolate pudding. This recipe is one that my Mum has been making for as long as I can remember. It is very rich and a small bit goes a long way.

Chocolate Sauce Pudding

1 cup self raising flour,
3/4 cup sugar,
2 tablespoon cocoa,
1/2 cup milk,
1 tsp vanilla,
2 tablespoon melted butter.

For the sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar,
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cup boiling water.

Sift dry ingredients for pudding in large bowl. Stir in milk, vanilla and butter.
Spoon into a well greased oven safe dish.

Combine sauce ingredients in a jug and mix well.
Gently pour hot liquid over the pudding mix.
Bake 180 (350)degrees for 35 minutes or until pudding is set.

We serve with fresh pouring cream and icecream. Can be served with fresh strawberries or raspberries.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was just talking to LC about what she does for Easter baskets. Exotic and different fruits are what she makes for her children. I think I will do this for my GS this year. I haven’t even started collecting anything so this might be fun to do.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decorated for Easter yesterday. I do not have a lot of things so did not take too long. I decluttered last year and kept the things I really liked.
Packed the Easter bags.
When I was at the dollar shop yesterday got cards to put away for next year, they still had a nice range so that is done.

The only thing that is not sorted is what we are doing for Easter. Kids still really have not let me know, will finalise today or tomorrow.
It does not matter when we get together as long as we do.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We just finalized plans. We'll be visiting my in-laws on Saturday and my parents on Sunday. I don't have any decorations up yet! That's never happened this close to Easter. Dh and I have decided to do one family basket with some candy in it. Whoever stops by on Sunday can take some for the road.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
OK plans sorted. Not traditional by any means but it is what it is. Good Friday, kids are invited to dinner, I will get a lot of pizza toppings and we will make our own pizzas. Will provide garlic bread and drinks and will just sit and chat and relax.
Sunday we will go to Mum's. Dinner will be roast pork and all the trimmings and will have the chocolate sauce pudding and icecream. Once again a relaxed day. Looking forward to a lovely weekend with family.

Last edited: