Easter 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We three will be heading three hours south for the Easter weekend with my dad and stepmom. I’m bringing a veggie cheese casserole and a dessert.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We three will be heading three hours south for the Easter weekend with my dad and stepmom. I’m bringing a veggie cheese casserole and a dessert.
Wishing you safe travels

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
No set plans here for Easter. DDIL should be having DGS#3 this week. She was put on bed rest last Wednesday.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
As of right now it is just me, DH, DS, DD and her BF and my mother.

I am cooking a ham in the oven and a smoking a prime rib on the smoker.
Making my MIL's baked mac and cheese, deviled eggs, veggies and making a mint cream pie and an fruit pie for dessert.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Plans have changed slightly. We will now also be hosting an Easter morning brunch. DH, DD, DSIL, DSisIL ,DBil and I will be here. Will do juice, a variety of Hot Cross buns and danishes and will do hot chocolate in the slow cooker. Will offer marshmallows and mini Easter Eggs.
DSisIL will do a fresh fruit platter. It is rare that we are all here at the same time.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am postponing hosting Easter until May. In May it will just be called, "Spring Family Luncheon."
I will have the same menu then though.

I do: Ham, scalloped potatoes, pasta salad, deviled eggs, honey glazed carrots, asparagus. Something for dessert.

Annie

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
There is 26 invited to Easter. I know 14 for sure will be there and possibly 3 more but 9 won't be. People are not going overboard and bringing lots so hopefully not lots to pack up.

We are doing the ham, polish sausage, pasta dish, pickles, olives--green and black (yuck to both), cream horns and drinks. Plus I have candy to put in dishes.

Wanted to do a Characutie (I know totally wrong) Board but Amazon wouldn't come till Monday. Not sure I want to go shopping looking for one. Will order it and have for Christmas or whenever.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wanted to do a Characutie (I know totally wrong) Board but Amazon wouldn't come till Monday. Not sure I want to go shopping looking for one. Will order it and have for Christmas or whenever.
You do not need a special board. Any tray, large platter or bread board will do. People even put down butcher paper on their center of their counter or table Instead of a board. Cover a large cookie sheet with paper or foil and line with paper doilies. Go for it.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Menu is finalized here:

Spiral Baked Ham
Kielbasa...holiday, American cheese, and hot cheese
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Italian Easter Bread
Dessert: Jelly Bean Bites and Cream Puffs

It will be our family. I'm not sure if H's gf is joining us or not.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since we have no invites for Easter dinner we will grill steaks and I will be working on the side dishes today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Easter to you all. XOXOX

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Wishing everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter! DD, DSIL, and I will be enjoying an early afternoon Easter Brunch out at a place near them. They do a wonderful brunch buffet with mimosas and other specialty beverages available. DD and DSIL are getting ready for a construction project (tearing up an replacing their 3-car-wide concrete driveway and cutting out and re-pouring the inside slab of their attached garage), so their dining room table is loaded with items from their garage. And, DSIL will be traveling mid-week through the weekend and is on a tight schedule, so their coming here would make a tight timeline for getting everything ready even tighter. Best option? Let someone else, closer to them, prepare, cook, and serve the meal, and we can simply enjoy each others company. Hope everyone enjoys the holiday and time with loved ones.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
0AB2768E-6431-42E6-A870-BB959840AA4E.png

We three are down near Tampa visiting the grandparents. My dad has lamb and ham on the menu. I’m making a veggie cheese dish and a white bundt cake with coconut flakes … on the side. DH don’t eat no coconut. LOL My stepmom has white and sweet potatoes and rolls. The neighbor is coming and bringing asparagus with bacon.

May everyone have a blessed day.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We had a wonderful Easter. Will make notes in my planner to refer back to later.
Gifts, these were just the right amount. I did try to think outside the box a little so got the kids interesting things for in their baskets.
For example, DS got a wheat heat pack and a DVD rather than chocolate.

We had very non traditional food but it worked for us. One of the things that I need to adapt to with having adult children is that they have certain ideas of how they like things to be and sometimes it is very different from 'the normal". For example the kids came over for Good Friday and neither of them really enjoy fish. We had a make your own pizza bar and watched a movie and it was so enjoyable.

Sunday we had brunch of hot cross buns, fruit platter, danishes, juice and coffee. We just sat and ate and chatted which was fabulous. We are often so busy that it is hard to get together and just sit and chat. It is one of my goals this year to connect more with family and friends and this worked perfectly. This was so easy to shop for and prepare and will certainly do something like this again.

Dinner at Mum's was a delicious roast pork meal but when it came to dessert she had a Christmas pudding in the freezer from when she made a double batch in December. We had that with ice cream and custard and it was delicious.

We are not a religious family so the focus for us is to share some great times with our families and enjoy each others company.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
we were 53 at my parent's house (was to be 70... but some had covid). It was outside in the garage + big tent... but it was cold, even had snowflakes! we had an outside fire going.
- Pork mechoui
- Smoked turkey legs
- 2 different pasta salads
- potato salad
- caesar salad
-3 types of deviled eggs
- chips
- layered salad for the tostitos chips (creamcheese, tomatoes, etc...)
- tomato pizza
-Cream gravy for the pork
- homemade french fries (I think they said they used 65 lbs!)

Dessert:
- costco brownies
- costco carrot cake
- frozen mini chocolate eclairs
- fruit salad

Tea, coffee, soft drinks, water bottles, juice
I might be forgetting a few things...

People got there around 10:00 and by 3:00 most had left.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
we were 53 at my parent's house (was to be 70... but some had covid).
Lucie, that is amazing. I don't think I even know 70 people. LOL
Glad that you had a great day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just bumping this up as a reminder to keep an eye out for anything now that can be used for Easter.

With Halloween here the bags of fun size snickers and mars bars were on special at 1/2 price. I bought 7 bags and have stored them in my Easter tote in the gift closet. The use by date is October of 2023 so they will be fine to give in Easter bags.