Easter 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We were going to have a family brunch like we did last year but have decided against it. We are going to dinner this week to celebrate DH birthday so thought that would suffice as a catch up for now.
Will speak to the kids re Good Friday plans and see what is happening there.
Will probably still go to Mum's over the holidays for a meal with her.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will speak to the kids re Good Friday plans and see what is happening there.
DD and DSIL are off to Perth and Adelaide for the Easter weekend and DS is doing other things. This is the life of older people with adult kids. I am fine with it just being DH and I, we will have a nice quiet break.
Will get together with Mum and DB for a lovely meal.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We will be going to my in-laws for Easter dinner. We're still waiting on what side dishes to bring. My children will come home on Easter morning for church and then we'll have a simple brunch following.

We now have a joint family Easter basket. Dh usually buys a chocolate cross, jelly beans, Peeps, and malted robin eggs to put inside.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have just put up Easter decor. Will be going to my parent's. Everyone will bring something... usually around 50 people. I will pay with my brother for meat (3 pork roasts - mechoui), etc...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The countdown is started for Easter. I have a menu done, items on the shopping list, and a ham in the refrig. No easter baskets this year but still might toss something together for DGS but will not see him until after Easter. My menu is mainly items I can put into a slow cooker so I will have little to do on the actual day. My notebook has really helped.

Reactions: halimer and jampss

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have did Easter for the last several years but this year will pass. Teigan won't be with Jaymee (but we have had it before without her) and house isn't up to it so...... will do something for the 4 of us. Family hasn't mentioned it. If it is nice I know my older sister would rather be fishing so......

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just talked to sis and we made a plan so we don't end up with all the same type of foods for the potluck at parent's house. Should be the last year. Around 50 people outside... and it's still sooo cold... hoping it warms up for the weekend.
Have decorated here for Easter too. Easter gifts are ready.

Reactions: jampss

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Thought about making reservations at a local resort for brunch but at $140 for the two of us, that's crazy. No idea what I'll do, I'm toying with an Easter afternoon tea. Vic loves a tea so I'm going to flip through my Tea Time magazines when I get home to see if I come up with some inspiration.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We're going to be on the road for Easter and it's during Passover so no specific celebration. I should have some chocolate, though:)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We're going to be on the road for Easter and it's during Passover so no specific celebration. I should have some chocolate, though:)
Safe travels dear friend.

Reactions: jampss and halimer

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
As of right now it will be us, DH's aunt and cousin. SIL and her family are staying home as she is hosting her in law of my FIL and BIL will be going there or to us.

I am going to smoke a ham , make baked mac and cheese, candies yams and veggies. Dessert will be lemon cake and mint creme pie. DH's aunt is bringing deviled eggs.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are going to be home and then on Monday go to my Mum's. Not sure what is on the menu there but it will be lovely none the less.