Easter Dinner

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Who is cooking Easter dinner this year? What's your menu look like?

I'm hosting. We're having Ham, Kielbassi (three varieties), Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Pickled Eggs and Beets, Italian Easter Bread and a few desserts. My mom is doing the desserts.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Easter Menu

I opened my Easter Notebook to be surprised by a 2012 pre-plan I had written up last year!!!

Deviled or Angel Eggs
Ham--From Honey Baked Hams (gluten free and tastes so very heavenly or is it a Heavenly Ham that tastes like honey?)
Sweet Potatoes
Asparagus
Squash Delight (from a dear friend named Linda that I do in the crockpot)

Flourless Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Easter Bunnies for table decorations (have not picked them up yet, darn)
Small jars of jelly beans with names on them for place settings

Had these notes:
Ask if DD room mate could come (will not do this since DD no longer in the group home)

Take photos if we can find bunny ears or make a straw hat with flowers on it (have not done anything towards this)

Leftover Ideas:
scalloped potatoes with ham
ham sandwiches
pea soup

Finding this plan has done a lot to curb the panic I felt with I realised Easter was next week. WOW Of course it all might change if I go browsing on Pinterest. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
going to mom's. It'll be a mechoui... porc roast & chicken on a spit fire. with french fries and tons of desserts

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Diedra~I love the idea of pics with bunny ears. I'm going to pick up a pair of those!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It is a good idea..Not sure we'll be doing a dinner this year, but I'll remember that next time. I think we're going to go out on normal Easter drive. Usually, we take off and head to the mountains. Some years it's sunny, some years we run into snow. I view it as saying goodbye to winter and hello to Spring.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Going to my dad's in the morning and I am bringing homemade cinnamon rolls

Dinner at home:
Steaks on the grill
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Broccoli
Corn