Easter Hostess Gifts?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
For those that attend Easter at someone else's home, do you take a small gift?

We go to the home of an elderly relative (she now lives in a house on the same property as her daughter and her family) and the last few years I've taken a bouquet of spring flowers from the grocery store. I put them in a pretty glass vase I pick up from thrift shops, tie on some wired ribbon in a bow and call it a day.

We also drop off a gift at DH's mother's that weekend as well. We haven't been able to have holiday meals with her for some time now due to a situation with her adopted son (he's 26 but mentally he's more like 6 or 7 - very strong too) who's gotten more and more violent in recent years. We've had one too many episodes of our DS getting scared out of his wits and or attacked when visiting so we finally had to say no more.

BUT we still try to drop by and bring her a small token.

So when I'm braining storming for me personally, I'm trying to think of simple ideas, non-alcohol related, that are consumable - i.e. don't add to the collection of STUFF these ladies are trying to get rid of these days. They always try and/or succeed in sending me home with something from their houses every time it seems, lol!

They are both big gardeners so I thought of maybe a potted herb or blooming plant from the store - either wrapped in burlap + bow or maybe transplanted into terra cotta pot or even making a living basket?

I thought I might get them each a few tea towels - I know it adds to "stuff" but if they are just spring colors they would still be useful items. To make it look cute I could either just fold and stack and wrap with ribbon or if I could find a berry basket to fold them into that would look darling, I think.

Any other ideas?

We can brainstorm Easter hostess gifts in general too, of course! My circumstances don't need to rule the thread by any means! :)

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Since spring is right around the corner with summer hot on it's heels .. what about a new pretty pitcher along with everything to make ice teas and/or lemonades?

Last edited:
Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I like that idea, sounds perfect to me.
I also like the fresh flowers or plant gift. I too am looking for gifts that don't add to clutter.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Some food item locally made ... coffee, tea, honey, cookies, candies, etc. How about some local farm fresh eggs? You could even dye them ... you wouldn't have to hard boil them ... Just be sure they know they are not hard boiled!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Along the lines of locally made, how about some jam or a local cheese and crackers? Most of the large chocolate companies make lovely decorated boxes of chocolates for Easter.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I vote for the plants. Some herbs and a flower or a pack of seeds.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hanging baskets for the porch?

Bath and Body works has beautiful Easter candles this year, if they enjoy candles.

Good chocolates are always wonderful, too!