Easter Prep 2017...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I think I'm ready for Easter....basket wise. I suffer from "not enough" syndrome and always think there needs to be more. Today I will start the other tasks. The house is decorated. I need to decide on a centerpiece and right now I'm kicking myself for not buying the tin of tulips and daffodils for myself when I bought one for my mom. It would have been a perfect centerpiece. I'll probably just use the centerpiece that I have on the table already. We usually move it to have all the food on the table. This year it will be my parents and us for lunch. Then we will go to mil's afterwards to visit.

I did get M a new dress and shoes, so she is set. I got a new top to wear with dress Capris for church, the guys have pink shirts that will go nicely with dress pants.

I bought the nieces and nephews chocolate crosses. J didn't want to give them money. I bought the baby some board books and a stuffed lamb for her first Easter. I did make treats for all the kiddos in my homeroom. They loved their peeps and M and Ms in a bag. Their reactions were priceless.

That's about it....better get moving along and get some cookies baked and eggs colored! Italian Easter bread will be tomorrow's chore.

~peace~

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I hope you find your decorations, Robin! That is the worst! Good for you on the special touches - YOU and hubby are worth it!

I've done the big grocery shops and am running back today for the few things I missed. Plus I wanted to pick up a couple of bouquets and didn't want to get those until the last minute.

I have a TON of stuff to get done. DH's uncle and his wife are coming tomorrow and staying for a few days, parking their RV at our house. This all came about very last minute and now I'm feeling pressure to have extra clean house + all the food prep for Easter - we aren't hosting, just taking several items.

I've got my lists...we'll see how long my back holds out. It went out last Saturday and I'm still having pain. UGH! I don't have TIME for that!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend if I don't pop back in before Sunday! :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I working on the baskets, almost done. I've decided to use one big box (ATV) for all DGS's Birthday toys. I did put some books back in the Easter tote for next year and I updated my calendar to remind me to take some photo to put in the books.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Prepped gifts for nephews & nieces. Got a cake baked to cut into squares for a chocolate fountain.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I gave ds and ddil all my Easter stuff for dgds to add to their already full containers. Ddil got the girls rain boots to use as "baskets". It will be fun. I have Glorified Rice to make and the ham to put in the oven. Will be up early to prep.
We have a tradition in our home of putting in 1 empty plastic egg in the Easter Basket and when they open it they say, "He is risen!", This is to remind them of why we celebrate.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Everything is heating up in crock-pot so it will be ready to travel later this morning.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to write up my notes from this year. I've decided to make potato salad instead of mashed for next year. Unless the guys throw a fit about not getting their mashed potatoes with spinach. I also forgot to make a list of the books we gave Noah. I'll have to head over to DS one day to do that. And I asked DS to take a photo of the items in his Easter basket since I didn't do that either.

Next I'm going to take a photo of the things in my Easter Tote. I'll put a copy of it in my Easter Notebook. Tomorrow I'd like to check out the stores for any Easter sale items.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Easter "dinner" went great - we eat at 1:30PM. Prime Rib with Horseradish Sauce was AWESOME! My rolls were a hit as usual and the new cheesecake recipe I tried turned out really good! It's a keeper! Artichoke Dip was mostly gone too and I made a seasoned Oyster Cracker snack as well and that didn't come home either!

Will start to work on taking down decor today and getting items put away DS got in his Easter basket. I'll hit some stores this afternoon to see what Easter clearance items I can snag!