Easter while on holiday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I am looking for inspiration - we are on our holidays for Easter this year - my 5 year old wants to know if the Easter bunny will come to Mexico!!! Have thought I might have a go - take my bunny footprints & small refillable eggs, but I need help with ideas for an Easter hunt which I could set up in our room on holiday - hollow chocolate eggs are out as I don't think they will survive the flight. I need six items I could give as gifts which are small and relatively sturdy - any ideas?

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
One of my favorite Easter memories as a child was when we were driving home from Florida on Easter morning. The Easter Bunny came and hid the eggs in our van and left little treats. It was so simple - but man, it really left an impression on me!

I agree, chocolate might not survive the trip well. What about jolly ranchers or laffy taffy? There's also always jelly belly's! Mmmm, I love jelly beans at Easter! As for gifts - I don't know if you have a boy or a girl, but you could look into hot wheels for a boy or the Kelly dolls (Barbie's little sister) for a girl. Those seem pretty age appropriate.

Good luck and definitely do something - it WILL stand out in their memories :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Jingle-jo - I'm not sure if Easter comes at the beginning or end of your trip, but how about a disposable camera and small photo album...you can put "vacation-themed" stickers in small eggs to help decorate the album for a neat keepsake. A pair of cute sunglasses will fit in the larger eggs. Small puzzles or games for the trip home? How about a little souvenir from your trip? Maybe put it all in a new pail (if you're going to be at the beach)

HTH!
Colleen

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
What fantastic ideas! We fly on Good Friday so the camera and album ideas will be ideal - Laney, you have made my mind up - I am definitely going to do it! Might even take some small decorations with us!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I always liked to scrapbook what the kids had colored, or cut out from church... and it made wonderful gifts to their bio parents.. they always were happy to get something of that sort from kids..maybe U can print out pages fr them to color with u... or cut out things....