Easy $ for Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I just discovered selling things I no longer want on ebay for extra money! I love it, and all the money I earn by selling things I plan on just leaving in my paypal account. I can order things off a ton of different sites and use that money or transfer it to my checking account closer to time! Found money is best for budgeting, isn't it? :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Good for you wvalice! decluttering & gaining some $$ at the same time.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I have things I picked up at rummage sales, estate sales, or bought them at the store thinking I would use them, but don't/haven't. I have a cousin who has an eBay store. She even sells things she picks up at the Dollar Tree (for way more than a dollar.) She started doing it because of a health condition that prevents her from holding a regular 9-5 job.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lana, most of the ones who charge more do it deliberately to make more money on the sale. Stick with the ones who go by the set postal rates where you click on the calculator with your zip code.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you for this bump! DH and I have been meaning to put several items on ebay for months now.

DH has an ebay and paypal account setup, but I need to get the log in info from him so we can both do it.

We've waited too long to sell our old smart phones I think. :( But I have a smaller CriCut machine I would like to sell. And several really nice toys that DS has outgrown. Some really nice outfits too.

Will have to get some photos taken and post some of the larger items soon!!! Adding to my to do list! Thank you again!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
You are quite welcome! :) We all have to stick together and come up with good ideas for each other, don't we?

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Just added some more things - if they all sell at what I am asking, that will add another $30! My part-time job is drying up (transcription - they are going to electronic charting :( so there goes that!), so this will be quite helpful for my Christmas budget!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
another thing we just discovered - Coinstar. It is one of those change machines at grocery stores. If you choose to get a gift card, they don't charge you anything, so we save up our change, then exchange it for an Amazon.com gift card! :)