Easy-Peasy Christmas Trees

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm looking for easy Christmas tree ideas. We haven't been putting up a tree unless we will be home for Christmas. With DDs having moved away, the past several years we have gone to visit them for Christmas. This year they were home, so we put up the tree. I don't enjoy putting on all the ornaments and especially taking them off again and storing them. My idea to make it quicker and easier was to use faux poinsettias that I can just lay in/on the branches. DH doesn't like that idea, so I'm trying to envision another quick and easy idea. Of course I came here for inspiration!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I'm not sure if these will help, but for Christmas in July 2022, I did some tree ideas. :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm looking for easy Christmas tree ideas. We haven't been putting up a tree unless we will be home for Christmas. With DDs having moved away, the past several years we have gone to visit them for Christmas. This year they were home, so we put up the tree. I don't enjoy putting on all the ornaments and especially taking them off again and storing them. My idea to make it quicker and easier was to use faux poinsettias that I can just lay in/on the branches. DH doesn't like that idea, so I'm trying to envision another quick and easy idea. Of course I came here for inspiration!
Let Dh put up and take down the tree if he wants it different than you do. Or put the ornaments on very well and wrap the tree in plastic food wrap. It clings so will keep everything in place. Drag the tree into an seldom used room. Can cover with a sheet if desired. In our old house we gave up space in our walk in closet for the tree. Took 15 minutes to take the tree out and plug it in. Took 20 minutes to wrap the tree and pull it into the closet.

Reactions: farmerswife

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A few years ago I was unwell/tired and we put up the tree. I literally strung two sets of lights on the tree and that was it. It is to this day one of the prettiest trees I have ever had. So simple but so pretty.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Google Flat-to-Fabulous Christmas tree. They come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles. We bought one because we were going to a cabin for the holidays and wanted a tree. Both my SisIL and I have one. She continues using hers at their house and adds additional ornaments to it. It's the best thing ever!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Friends have always done a HUGE tree. He worked in floral for years and they do artificial floral stems interspersed with ornament bunches (3-5 ornaments tied together, so you're hanging a bundle, rather than individually) and their tree looks phenomenal every year. Some do what is similar to an ornament garland, but they just cluster 3-5 ornaments together and intersperse them with floral and maybe some beaded garland (can't remember). Obviously, given the size of their main tree, they use larger-sized ornament, but they do the same/similar on their other trees. They just moved, but in their old house, they had 4 trees -- the large (9-10 ft, minimum) in the living room, another 7-8 ft. on their upstairs balcony, a tree on their enclosed patio, and another in their basement / bar area. They'd host a huge party every other year, and admiring their trees was such a pleasure and inspiration.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
If you have a tree trimming party, it spreads the work out among others.
Make a pot of chili, let everyone decorate the tree.
I don't know how you would entice people to undecorate though. LOL.

I find I put my favorite ornaments up and then add fillers- I bought a big container of red and gold plastic (because I have a curious 2 year old cat who likes to bat them off the tree).
Some are shiny, some are matte, and some have glitter.
These are easy to put on and take off- I just put them back in the container I purchased them in.

I'm not one to spend days on decorating the tree. I tweak a little after it's done and that is it.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks all. I think I finally got DH on board with my poinsettia idea, but he wants to put a few "special" ornaments on. He did take all the ornaments off of the tree today, too, and sorted them. I just need to pack them away. We'll see how it goes next Christmas.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had the family pick one gift not to unwrap at Christmas. Then when they helped put the Christmas decoration away we unwrapped them.

Reactions: farmerswife

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Drag the tree into an seldom used room. Can cover with a sheet if desired.
Oh my gosh, this just brought me back to my grandparent's place. They had a very large finsihed basement with a family room, bedroom and full bath that was used as an "apartment" for any of their newly married children if needed. Once everyone was married, the bedroom became a walk in storage closet that we were not supposed to go into. However, one summer, I really wanted to hide from my cousins while playing hide and seek so I hid in that storage room. And there in that room was the artifical Christmas tree with all the ornaments and lights on. It was covered in the semi transparent plastic. Maybe plastic painting floor covering or a bunch of dry cleaning bags. I was so disappointed. It totally made Christmas seem less magical. As an adult, I now can understand that Christmas was getting to be just too much for them to do.

Reactions: halimer

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I know that Mary @Holiday_Mom does a party every year when she packs her tree away.
This works for me now since I still have some of my young adult children living at home. I pick a date after New Year's to have an undecorating party. Putting the ornaments away just makes me sad. Having everyone around to help me makes it easier.

We do put on Christmas music for the last time of the season as we take down ornaments. We also serve food and drinks around the tree just like we do when we all gather to decorate the tree. We usually do mini bagel pizzas, holiday drinks and then finish up with Christmas cookies and candy.

Sometimes my parents will ask my dds to help them decorate or undecorate too. They don't mind because they get in a visit and my parents provide festive foods too.