Elf Letter Exchange for Christmas 2012?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I wanted to see if anyone is interested in doing an elf letter exchange again this year? I think yummy-mummy-amy coordinated it last year (but I might be wrong....)

If there is interest and the if the person who coordinated it last year would like a break this year, I'm happy to organize it.

All you have to do is supply your address and the names of your elf (ves) to the coordinator and when the information is sent back to you, you either send a card or a letter to each house that has elves. My boys (12 and 14 at the time) got a huge kick out of it especially since so many letters came from out of country.

Let me know if there is interest and if you were the one that coordinated it last and want to do it again, let me know that to.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
yes i was involved but it wasnt me that compiled the list. i would be interested in doing it, the list on 1 of the uk sites has already started

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
I participated in the elf Christmas Card exchange last year and it was so much fun! My kids loved that Ollie was getting mail from all over the world and had so many elf friends. If I remember correctly, I think it was Dawn that organized it last year. I'd love to participate again this year!

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
i would also like to be added to the list. I was on the list last year!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm happy to organize it. If you'd like to participate PM me your complete address to include country and the name(s) of your elf/elves. I'll send out the addresses by November 10 to give us plenty of time to write the letters.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Kim-

I might be interested in this. I've bought some larger size elves (small stuffed animal size) for my kids ( 13-15-17). I've never done elves before, but am having a little bit of nostalgia because my oldest will be away at college next year. Do your older kids still enjoy this? My 13 is a boy...older two are girls. Since my elves are bigger, they won't be able to crawl into candy bags, etc like the smaller ones do.

Is the card written from the elf at my home? When should we mail them so that they don't all come on the same day? what do we say in the card?

Thanks,
Rebecca

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Rebecca - My boys (ages 12 and 14 last year) got a kick out of the elves getting mail and enjoyed seeing all the areas they came from.

The letters come from the elf and usually included a tidbit about the family the elves were "living" with, perphaps one of their escapades and sometimes an update from the North Pole if they had received one. It's all done in good fun. For the teenagers, the elves sometimes report things like "Jane sleeps until noon so we are trying to find a way to wake her up earlier." Some of the elves sent pictures of themselves - that was cute.

As for mailing them, we each send one card or letter prior to Christmas. Some mailed theirs early in the season and others later in the season so they were all staggered.

Perhaps your college student should get an elf delivered to her dorm next year and we can send her elf letters there just to keep her in the holiday spirit.

Also, just because your elves are bigger does not mean they still can't get into messes. The boys loves looking for the elves in the mornings (I'll admit, I did not do it everynight!) and one day they had taken a few things out of school backpacks and appeared to be doing homework. They have decorated a small tree overnight, undecorated a few items from the big tree, etc.

Hope you will participate!

Last edited:

Mouse2

Retire Member
Jun 29, 2011
London, United Kingdom
Will PM you my details.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Well, I think I can do this. My elves came out today and are sitting on the kids beds eating their Halloween candy! ( kids didn't trick or treat, just our leftover stuff) They each have a introductory letter, wishing them " Merry Christmas!" Then a "oops, I'm early" paragraph saying they were just making a short trip to find the house and get named before they go back to the North Pole tonight. Lots of toys for them to make before they come back after Thanksgiving.

I did this mostly because I needed each elf to have a name for the elf letters. Of course, boy 13 may hum bug at it all, but that's ok. I still had fun and the older girls will not want to spoil any Christmas fun that mom might have.

Kim, hopefully I can pm you tomorrow with names and addresses of our elves!

Wish me luck!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

i've messaged you kim, please only add me if people are happy to send to the uk. x

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm waiting on a bit more information from one or two people and then will send the list out! Off to check my message box now.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Thank you Kim for taking on the task of organizing this exchange! My kids loved it so much last year when their elf would get a letter from another elf visiting somewhere else!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i'm sorry, didnt realise i hadnt added my email address. x

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
has the list been sent as i havent got it and need get cards to usa in post box sunday or they wont make it :(

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I haven't gotten my list either. I just checked the spam folder thinking it might have gone there. No luck.

Kim - did we miss it?