Elf poems and other things

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I got this cute little book at the bookcloseouts.com sale recently for $1.00. It is called Holly Days : Seasonal Fun for ages 3-6 by Totline Publications.

It has some cute elf related poems etc... I thought someone might be able to use them with their elves.

Here are a few:

Busy Elves
by Susan Olson Higgins

One little elf sat on Santa's knee.
Two little elves trimmed the Christmas tree.

Three little elves shined the reindeer hoofs.
Four little elves counted children's roofs.

Five little elves painted all the trains.
Six little elves wrapped candy canes.

Seven little elves bounced Christmas balls.
Eight little elves dressed pretty dolls.

Nine little elves put toys in the sleigh,
Getting ready for Christmas day.

Santa's Spy
by Susan Olson Higgins

I just saw him!
Didn't you?
One of Santa's elves
Just peeked through!

He pressed his nose
On the windowpane.
His hat was covered
With candy canes.

I think he's here
To see if I'm good,
And doing all
The things I should.

I'm sure I saw him
Peeking in right here!
I think I'll be good now-
"Would you like to share?"

There is also cute craft directions to make an elf hat, do an elf treasure hunt, and a recipe for Elves' Peanut Clusters, as well as a lot of other fun, simple ideas for young kids!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Oh - I forgot it also has a recipe for kid friendly eggnog called Vanilla Cream "Nog" - I might have the elf make it over night so it is in the refrig for morning and call it "elf-noggin" or "Elf-noggin Eggnog"- maybe have the elf have a bandage on his noggin in the am from some mishap he had while making it.

Here is the recipe from the book.

2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbl honey
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup whipping cream

Combine milk, vanilla, honey and allspice. Heat is a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly until just hot not boiling. Meanwhile whip cream to soft peaks. Place nog in cup , add dollop of whipped cream.

I might try it to see if I can adapt it to a frothy morning drink for my DD to drink instead of her morning milk. Maybe just combine all ingredients in the blender and whiz it up until it is frothy. Maybe add some food coloring? Red to the frothy milk and green to the whipped cream?

Any ideas?

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
TFS! great poems and the 'nog' sounds yummy! you could drizzle some strawberry jam down the insides of the glass to make it look candycane-like. Or For a dessert drink add a candycane over the side -maybe get a candycane,or stick, with green and pink(or red) to correspond with your food coloring! So pretty!