Elves 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am a little sad because with Evan turning 9 the elves just aren't the same...although just the other day he asked....."I wonder when the elves are coming."

Although the magic might not be the same I am looking for ways to change up our elf adventures this year. Last year we got so bust that some of the elf missions never got accomplished so this year I want to go with a simplified plan but still do some fun things.

Last year we had a North Pole Breakfast rather than a Elf Dinner....this year I am thinking about an Elf Outing of some sort because Evan and his friend are older and I think some type of activity might be fun.

Are there any holiday movies for kids coming to theaters this year? I also considered having a swim party at the local Holiday Inn but then my daughter decided to do that for Evan's birthday...which is coming up in ten days so I'm not sure I want to do that with the elves...Any other elf outings you can think of?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
What about ice skating? There's an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie coming out I think in December.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm....I've been giving this some thought too. This will be our first year with elves. I'm going to let DD4 know that it's me. We'll have fun with it, but more like a game we're playing. It takes a lot for her to believe in Santa, so I don't want her to catch me moving the elves and figure it all out. This morning, while out for a walk I said to DD4 "This is the time of year when you can start to smell Christmas in the air." Her response: "You can't smell Christmas Mom, that's just the exhaust from the cars and smoke from the chimneys." She's a very facts-oriented kind of kid.

I don't think there are any kid Christmas movies out this year, but there is a Pixar movie called The Good Dinosaur out on November 25. Their movies are usually pretty good, and probably still good for a nine-year-old.

I think places like Ihop do holiday-themed pancakes and things....at least I see them advertised on tv, but we don't have places like that here. Something like that might be fun though.

It definitely does get harder as they get older.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
DS is 10 will be 11 in 2016. Im more than sure he is on to the whole Elf and Santa thing but he goes along with it because he wants the fun and the small gifts that our Elf Brings. He also wants the gifts that Santa brings!!!!!

Quite often our Elf is too tired to get up to mischief (or its a swim morning and Im too tired to organise it) so our Elf leaves a note and a small item saying that he is sleeping late today! and does not wish to be disturbed!

A couple of times our Elf has left gift cards or vouchers for drinks/ outings. But mostly apart from his first day arrival he leaves small items. January is back to school for us (along with new school supplies) so quite often he will leave stationery items (that I would be buying anyway)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have never done elves, my kids are too old. I wish though that we would have had elves when the kids were younger, so much fun.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Sprite, our elf, arrived Friday. :)
There aren't too many "adventures" or "mischief" but just lots of wonder & love.
I've always had grand-kids only on the weekend. This is the first time since she has been coming here that I have a full-time child around & need to keep the magic going on a daily basis.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
This is going to be our first year with our Elf...I say 'our' because I bought the elf for my grandkids and gave it to dd to start them on this fun project. So, we decided that elf will come t Hana's house on occasion! I can't wait. It's fun hearing everyone's traditions with them.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Elf excursions sound like lots of fun. Is there a local tree farm that offers hay or sleigh rides? Hot chocolate by a fireside (out doors), caroling ... wrapping party, etc.

DGD's Elf, Jingles, arrived Friday their box of food they receive from “Full Circle” (a fresh produce subscription-type thing). She was eating a pomegranate. DSonIL took a video of her finding Jingles. She was so excited!