End of March review 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First 3 months of the year gone. Have gotten back into some sort of routine. The seasons have changed and the weather is cooling down.

What worked for me this month?

• CHRISTMAS/Holidays
  • Continued to make tentative plans for Christmas. In one way would like to change things up a little in terms of menus etc but on the other hand are quite happy with what we normally do.
  • Started buying ingredients for baking and for meals around Christmas. A lot of the items we buy are available now and can be easily stored in the pantry or freezer. Buying what we can now spreads the cost over the year and makes things much more manageable, even with cutting back there is still a lot to buy and we have to be sensible with how we do it.
  • Continued looking for stocking fillers as I like to get these out of the way early. Need to look at a few new ideas so that the stockings have a bit more interest to them and people are not getting the same things all the time.
  • Decided on a menu plan for Easter and ANZAC day, just need to finalise days and guest list.

• PERSONALLY
  • This year I would like to try to connect with those who mean a lot to me. With people being busy I have taken to writing reminders in my diary to contact people. I don't want to miss connecting with the people who mean a lot to me. This month we had dinner with DD and DSIL at an outdoor night noodle markets which was a lovely evening. We celebrated DH's birthday on March 14th and had coffee and cake for that. Took Mum for a day trip in a town about 1 hour from us. Did some great shopping and found some bargains for Christmas.
  • Mum and I had a baking day, went for several shopping days and spent one morning just chatting and catching up. Enjoy our times together.
  • DS moved to his new town which is about 2 hours from here but only about 20 minutes from our farm. Started a new job that he seems to be really enjoying.
  • Started Winter prep. I do a very deep clean twice a year, Autumn and again in September. January and June I just do a "top up" clean. By doing it this way I find that the house stays clean and maintained. In Autumn I do a modified HGP, I follow the cleaning plan but do not include the Christmas prep. In March I worked on my entry way and porch, loungeroom, study and both bathrooms.
What did not work for me?
  • Weight control/exercise/diet.
  • Weight and exercise was a little better this month. I seemed to have maintained my weight, no increase really but no loss either. Need to rediscover my MOJO. Will keep at it as it is so worth it.
  • I was called for Jury Duty starting the 15th of March and the pool I am in will be on call until the end of April. Having to go to court twice (I was not selected either time) and having to work extra at work due to staff shortages meant that I was a little out of routine. I like to keep busy but I also resent using my time for things that aren't planned.
  • Finances. Money was a little easier this month. Attending court and working extra meant extra income for me. I also readjusted my budget so that what is left over after my main shop I can then use for a top up at another supermarket the following week. This means I can have the same amount in the budget but spread it over the whole fortnight. I am liking the change so far.
  • Procrastination I am wanting to sell a few pieces of furniture before moving to the farm and to be honest at this stage it all seems a bit too hard. Word of the year is PREPARE!! and I am not in a preparing mood right now.
All in all March was a great month, I am happy with how things went and what I achieved.

~Katrina~
Try and make the feelings and actions of Christmas part of everyday life- Sara Henderson
Word for 2011: SIMPLIFY, 2012: ROUTINE, 2013: BASICS, 2014: COMPLETE, 2015: ORGANISE, 2010 & 2016: STRIVE, 2017: RENEW, 2018: BETTER, 2019: AWARE, 2020: APPRECIATE, 2021: IMPROVE, 2022: PREPARE

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I like reading your reflections.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, @missjane , me too. It's inspiring to read and it's so organized. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am trying something different this year and the reflections are helping. My mental health is not often the best so this way of "journaling" is helping me with life balance if that makes sense.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
What worked for me:
  • Preparing for classes. I read up on the the classes that I wanted to take. I took the time to learn how to navigate the online portal. I have set aside time during the week to get most of my work done. I've been doing only school work during that time. It is paying off for me.
  • Getting everyone more involved with housework and meals. I don't have the time to do things like before.
  • Lowering expectations of meal presentation. We are all super busy so sitting down at dinner looks like sitting down at a fast food restaurant now. Nothing fancy.
  • Limiting activities and interactions with people allowed me to get things done when things were super busy.
What didn't work for me:
  • Not getting enough sleep.
  • Mindless snacking.
Over all, I was happy with the way March went. It was cRazY busy but it couldn't be helped. I am glad that I have a reprieve for now.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul