Essential oils, Anyone?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I am new to essential oils, I am trying to transition from my Yankee candle to essential oils and was wondering what Autumn and Christmas scents you've all tried? Blends you found that compare with your candles. While I am excited about entering the world of essential oils, Yankee Candle has been a part of my Christmas and Autumn traditions for going on 25 years now they are going to be difficult to replace.
Any thoughts and or recipes would be welcomed. Thanks.

~ farmerswife (aka:Laurie)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I dont use oils but I have switched from candles to tart warmers. I still get some tarts from yankee espeically when they have their clearance sales. Nothing beats some of yankees fall and Christmas scents.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I like frankincense and myrrh together. Not just for Christmas. You do have to test them to see if you like it. The one blend I liked the best isn't being made anymore. I now blend the two myself.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Mint and rosemary is my year round favourite.

Frankincense, Myrrh, Cedar and sweet orange is my husbands favourite.

We love sweet orange and cloves combo for the dining room and kitchen.

A combo of greens, fir - cedar - juniper - spruce..., we purchase as a pre-mix I think its a 'Christmas Tree' blend, very strong - so we use in the entrance of our home (too strong for any area with food IMHO)

Eucalyptus is our go to for the bedrooms - especially when there are colds in the house!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like eucalyptus and tea tree oils for a fresh winter house. Lavender is my favourite for when I need to rest and I love pure orange or lemon oil in the summer months.