Everyday cleaning products

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Here's one of my favorites -- I like to keep hand soap at the kitchen sink, for when I've been hand-mixing something or need to do a thorough wash and rinse after cooking. A friend gave each of our Bible Study group a bottle of Bath & Body Works Gentle Foaming Hand Soap last winter. I love love love this stuff. It has a wide pump at the top, and cuts through virtually any kitchen mess that gets on my hands. And they have nice scents, too. I got one called Fresh Sparkling Snow, kind of a vanilla scent to me, but it says "icy melon, holiday pear, and falling snow." One pump of foam onto my hands, and done.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'll have to watch later. I've been trying to streamline my cleaning products to have fewer.

Lori, I lie the kitchen lemon from B&BW. I keep Lava for after I've been working in the garden. - it's in the automotive section at Walmart when they have it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks, Lucie. I really like how they did testing. I'll have to look at more of their videos.

We keep soap at the kitchen sink too. I became a Dawn convert when someone told me to use it to get out grease on my clothes. It cuts through the kitchen grease too. Has anyone used Mrs. Meyers Dishwashing Soap and Dawn? I wonder how they compare.

I use the Method Spray. Grapefruit scent reminds me of spring and the Apple scent reminds me of autumn. :) I also use Barkeeper's Friend. That gets rust out of stainless steel sinks and on the ceramic stove top.

I was not familiar with the O'Cedar brand sponge and scrubbing brush. I don't use a scrubbing brush. That was new to me. I use the Scotch-Brite brand and cut it down in half. I may try the O'Cedar brand when I finish up the package of sponges that I already have.

I've just been buying whatever paper towels I can get. I usually buy the store brand so seeing the information on Bounty was interesting.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I became a Dawn convert when someone told me to use it to get out grease on my clothes.
This was the exact reason I have only been using the blue dawn! I just put a dot on the grease spot and toss into the laundry.
Interested myself how Meyers would compare for my laundry treatment :)

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This was the exact reason I have only been using the blue dawn! I just put a dot on the grease spot and toss into the laundry.
Interested myself how Meyers would compare for my laundry treatment :)
I may do a test myself between the two products when things slow down here a bit.