Expectations vs. Reality

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Holiday_Mom. I suffer terribly with the post Christmas blues. People laugh at me when I tell them (so I don't tell them now), but to me it is a real thing.
The week between Christmas and New Year is OK as we are still on holiday and in Christmas mode. After that it is awful we are all back to work and back to normal.
I need to find ways of dealing with this this year.
Me too Katrina- Im usually good til about the middle of the first week in January. Or pretty much until the last of the left over Christmas merchandise has been put away or sold off. With our Back to School stuff going out the first week in Jan- Christmas does not hand around long in the stores here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will have to come up with some plans this year to try and prevent or at least minimise the PCB (the Post Christmas Blues). It really is a thing!
Some ideas for coping would be welcome.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I find that as Luke finishes school earlier than most- the holidays that seem so long before Christmas just race by after Christmas. I always find it tough to get back into the Back To School routine. We have in the past had state swim titles to keep us going- used to be held mid January. Last year they moved it to mid December- same this year- no idea why!