Facts - who was born on Chritmas day?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Xmas Facts - Who was born on Christmas Day?

1642 - Sir Isaac Newton (mathematician)
1821 - Clara Barton (nurse: founder of American Red Cross)

1887 - Conrad Hilton (hotel magnate)

1899 - Humphrey Bogart (Academy Award-winning actor: The African Queen [1951]; The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca (Bogie's character never says "Play it again, Sam." He says: "You played it for her, you can play it for me. Play it!", while Ingrid Bergman says "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By'".)

1907 - Cab (Cabell) Calloway ('Highness of Hi-De-Ho': bandleader, singer: Minnie the Moocher, Blues in the Night; films: Stormy Weather, St. Louis Blues; The Cotton Club Comes to the Ritz)

1914 - Tony Martin (Alvin Morris) (singer: It's a Blue World, To Each His Own, Kiss of Fire, Stranger in Paradise, Here; actor: Casbah, Hit the Deck; married to dancer Cyd Charisse)

1915 - Pete Rugolo (bandleader, arranger: Stan Kenton; scored TV's The Fugitive)

1918 - Anwar el-Sadat (Egyptian president; Nobel Peace Prize winner with Israel's Menachim Begin [1978])

1924 - Rod Serling (scriptwriter: The Twilight Zone, Requiem for a Heavyweight, Planet of the Apes, Seven Days in May)

1932 - Little Richard (Penniman) (singer: Good Golly Miss Molly, Tutti-Frutti, Long Tall Sally, Lucille, Keep A Knockin')

1937 - O'Kelly Isley (singer: Grammy Award-winning group: The Isley Brothers: It's Your Thing [1969]; Shout, Twist and Shout, That Lady, This Old Heart of Mine)

1945 - Ken Stabler ('The Snake': football: Oakland Raiders quarterback: Super Bowl XI)

1946 - Jimmy Buffett (songwriter, singer: Come Monday, Margaritaville, Changes in Latitudes - Changes in Attitudes; main 'Parrot Head')

1946 - Larry Csonka (Pro Football Hall of Famer: Miami Dolphins running back: Super Bowl VI, VII, VIII)

1948 - Barbara Mandrell (CMA Entertainer of the Year [1980, 1981], Female Vocalist of the Year [1979]; Standing Room Only, I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool, Sleeping Single in a Double Bed, If Loving You Is Wrong)

1949 - Sissy (Mary) Spacek (Academy Award-winning actress: Coal Miner's Daughter [1980]; Missing, The River, Carrie, The Migrants)

1950 - Manny Trillo (baseball: Philadelphia Phillies)

1950 - Barry Pearson (football)

1953 - Dave Wasick (football)

1958 - Ricky Henderson (baseball: Oakland Athletics outfielder: Baseball Writers' Award, American League [1990]; NY Yankees)

Took these facts from here: http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/xmastrivia2.html

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Quite an expressive list. I have a set if nieces who were born on Christmas Eve. I feel it's hard being a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day baby.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'll add my grandma and grandpa to that list. Grandma's Birthday was Christmas Day, Grandpa's Birthday was Christmas Eve. They married and lived happily ever after!! My mom always turned Christmas Eve into a big Birthday celebration for them. It was special. I don't think until she came into the picture, they had that much!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Lovely list - I have just printed it off to include in my cousin's wife's birthday card (she is another Christmas Day Baby).

DD was almost born on Christmas Day (her "true" due date), but although she started the process after dinner that evening, it took her a while so she didn't emerge until 6am on Stephen's morning. Which at least does mean a seperate birthday for her.