Fairy Day!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Hi y'all! I've been lurking again and discovered a wonderful new tradition for my kids and I...Fairy Day! Why haven't I seen that here before? I must be blind!

Anyway, we're getting started with preparations for June 24th...that's next week! We'd already started a fairy house in the back yard and brought sticks and such from a real fairy forest to add to our house, hoping to entice a few fairies to visit!

Is anyone else celebrating Fairy Day this year?

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm really looking forward to it :)

We're actually celebrating on Friday 25th since I'm back at work on Thursdays. I have my mum, mother in law, sister, sister in law and a friend and her baby coming. We're just going to have an indoors picnic (it's winter here and it will likely be too wet to be outside). We'll bake some cupcakes in the morning and do some art with paint and glitter. Naturally all this will be done while wearing fairy wings :)

Going to be a fun day!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
There are some posts in the Magic of Fairies forum that has some cute ideas for Fairy Day.

Also the Fairy Day page of MHH has a couple things up. For winter places I'd suggest the Winter Fairy in a jar...

http://magicalholidayhome.com/?page_id=85

just scroll down to see her.

Fairy Day is also my daughters birthday (she's an adult though so no dressing up like a fairy...pooh)

Evan and I will work in the fairy garden some on fairy day....weeding and cleaning around the fairy houses. We will also listen to fairy music. I also might make a Winter Fairy ...even though it is not winter here right now!

And don't forget to have some Fairy Bread!!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I love the fairy in a jar craft, but my daughter is still a little young for that I think. I'm going to save the instructions for next year though :)

Ginger, I don't see why an adult can't dress up as a fairy... I'm celebrating Fairy Day on Friday, but I am most definately wearing my wings to work on Thursday! Will be lots of fun :)

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
My kids and I are working on fairy houses this week to get them ready for Thursday.

Ginger, I think you know what I'm gonna ask...Do you have pics of your fairy houses?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I do have some...I'll try to get them up over at the fairy blog....one is an awesome stone house that I bought at the flea market....didn't make it...and the others are basic wooden ones that we faerized....I have seen many made with twigs and such...perhaps Evan and I will do that Thursday too.....and I'm making a faery door to put on a stump...