Fall 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
i bought a fall mickey mouse garden flag yesterday at hobby lobby . fall stuff looked so awesome. cant wait to get more stuuf. they had cute football stuff for people who entertain
What size flag did you buy and how do you display it? Is it a 2' x 3' size for a flagpole or the smaller 12" x 18" size that you can hang on one of those wrought iron stands that you push into the ground? I have a large collection of flags, both sizes, but the flag poles and small flag racks were in the second shipment so Vic didn't get a chance to hang anything up. We have a flag pole base on the garage, I'll have to see if I can reach it with the small ladder. I have a patriotic flag for July (porch scene with rocking chair and red, white, and blue bunting) but I'm not sure what I have for August (a beach scene maybe). I love changing them out every month. Have you checked out Just for Fun Flags online, www.justforfunflags.com? They have an amazing selection.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
this one is the small one . i have both sizes . no i havent but thank you will check it out. i like putting diff flags out i have a couple in the back yard and 2 in the front.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
While you are dreaming of Fall, I am counting down the days to Spring. About 6 weeks to go.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I think you are right with that guess, Pamela :)

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and all Fall/Thanksgiving was out in full force!!! Pumpkins, pumpkins - EVERYWHERE!!!!

Side Note: Also most of their Christmas stuff was out - no trees yet but all the ornaments, ribbon, decor, craft kits, etc. are displayed in all their glory.

Anyways, I held firm and resisted the urge to fill my cart and walked back to the clearance corner. Totally lucked out and found boxes (4 in each box) of dark green velvet pumpkins - maybe 4" wide? Oh so cute! They are strung with clear fishing line so you can hang them as ornaments.

I'm going to clip that off and pile them - with other things - into big white ceramic bowls and use in my china cabinets or as centerpiece on a table. The dark green will really pop!!!

Best part? $0.47 a box!!! So basically 12 cents each! It always pays to check out the clearance section tucked at the back of the store!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Side Note: Also most of their Christmas stuff was out - no trees yet but all the ornaments, ribbon, decor, craft kits, etc. are displayed in all their glory.
I cannot wait until I see that first glimpse of Christmas at the shops. Normally around September here!!

Reactions: PamelaG and Minta

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DN wanted to go to Michael's after we finished car shopping. A lot of their fall things were out. I don't know if they'll have more or not.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Rural King has a big selection of fall themed items - picked up a large chalkboard "sign" that looks like recipe for Pumpkin Pie - and a large metal sign with a red truck with a large pumpkin in back with wording about hayrides, etc. Can't wait to decorate for fall!!!

Also got a huge white metal pie dish that says Farm to Fork on the inside - it's large enough to become part of my non holiday decor on top of the kitchen cabinets!

DH was the one who wanted to stop at Rural King - and I was the only one to buy anything!!! LOL

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had my first taste of apple cider yesterday. :)

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
I'm a fall lover too. It's coming...the nights are getting cooler, and we had a couple mornings with a touch of fog...this time of year the sunsets are so pretty too. Got a camping weekend coming up in early October with my sister and niece...looking forward to sitting around the campfire enjoying the pretty trees. I bought a can of pumpkin and I'm ready to make my first pie. Love flannel and boots and sweatshirts. I remember my horse used to get a little frisky when the weather cooled off, he loved it too.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I let Dgds put out my fall decoration. Interesting. May have to do a couple of adjustments after they go home a little to much all in one place, but you have to love the enthusiasm. :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul