fall 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
when does everyone start decorating for fall. i want to now in acouple weeks i might start next week . with school online at home i want to get that done bc ill be helping my gson.with his work . first grade

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
September 1 and I can't wait!

Reactions: rabble

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I usually wait until the end of September. Depends on the weather, too. If it's hot, then I'm not quite ready for fall decor.

Reactions: rabble

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Right after Labor Day!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Usually by Oct. 1st, it starts to get cooler here and by then, I'm ready to start the fall decorating.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I usually wait until the autumnal equinox then decorate since it will be up until Thanksgiving. It will come down and Christmas will go up. I aim to have most everything done for Christmas by December 1 so I can focus on Christ's coming and planned activities. I say most because some of the activities will be things, like cookie baking, planning and getting things ready for when family comes.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have been watching the Shop With Me videos too and I hope it will keep me out of stores as much as possible!
Can you share a couple of Shop with Me links? I'd love to check them out.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just visited the DG and picked up a pillow, flag and some orange and white checked pumpkins for my fall decor. They were already pretty picked over, but I'll check out the other one on my way through to take M to soccer this week and see if I can find more items. They had some cute signs, a variety of pumpkins and a few other things, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
September 1st is Spring for us. Want to start cleaning and decorating and getting ready for Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
If you tell me what stores are near you I will send you those if there are any available.

First of all - thank you for sharing! Had no idea these videos existed! And I was just wondering how you tell where the store is - sounds like you can look for a video made in your general area? So intrigued!!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
First of all - thank you for sharing! Had no idea these videos existed! And I was just wondering how you tell where the store is - sounds like you can look for a video made in your general area? So intrigued!!!!
I never knew they existed either but I think that may be a good thing! I watched a bit of the Dollar Tree one and man, that makes me want to go there to shop! :) My problem is I dream about crafting and decorating but the follow through isn't quite there. :rolleyes: