Fall Has Arrived

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
fun. I'll have to check it out next time I am that way.

It's crazy b/c we are just getting out of school and they are putting college back to school stuff out. Wow!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Yeah, it is crazy. Fall stuff and CLOTHES showing up on shelves now.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Wonder if that means the stores will start putting Summer clothes on mark down soon? Fall is my favorite time of the year...

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will have to stop by Michaels to check it out this weekend and maybe start picking up some new fall decorations too. This is my daughters last week of school and I have already started buying stuff for back to school. Our son starts school this year and with vacation and the kids birthday parties coming up I am trying to spread everything out so the cost does not hit all at once. Found some great clearance sales on clothes for the kids.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we will have some fall = halloween and snow items out next week at cracker barrel.more in july

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I'm going to have to stop by this week. I love to think of the fall when it's really hot out. It cools me down and give me a lift. Maybe after I see some of the new things, I might help me to think what I want to do for this fall and winter decorations.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I haven't been, but I love it when they put fall things out...it seems a long way off, but isn't really. If people have fall projects to make, now is the time to start them. Around here if one waits until later to start buying, all the good stuff is gone. :(

Does anyone have any crafting projects planned for fall?

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Oh, I love this thread. Hobby Lobby and Michael's get me through the summer by putting out the fall and Christmas things early. I too absolutely love everything about fall- the clothes, colors, holidays, the crisp mornings, etc. Plus, I love the decorating ideas. It's time for new wreaths so maybe I can get some ideas.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i went to michaels this morning . loved seeing the fall flowers the pumpkins . it will be here before you know it.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I'm so looking forward to the holidays. I spent all day clearing my entrance bed to prepare for my fall garden & focal point. I know that it's not fall but I always put out my fall decorations (mini sunflowers, crotons) on August 1st. I'm using my garage to stage all of my fall decorations this year so that it will be easier to put things out in just 3 short weeks. Then for September I add the purple tall grasses, aster & mums. October brings out lots of pumpkins, witches hat, boots and broom at the entrance. November replaces the witches attire for scarecrows. So basically it's all a building block from August 1st through the weekend following Thanksgiving. Then the grand Christmas scenery unfolds as the beds are stripped and colors of autumn are erased by vivid colorful shades to welcome the most important holiday of the year.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
ejagno - Your description of the staging and changing decor in the front of your home gives me motivation to at least start thinking about mine.....