Family Game Night...Snow Theme

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi,

I decided to host our families for a Game Night this month. I've decided on a Snow theme, since it is January and we're in snowy, Western PA. I found some great party goods with snowflakes from Oriental Trading. I'm planning on doing appetizers and snacks. I'm looking for ideas for snow/snowman themed appetizers and a all ages punch to serve. My colors are blue and white for this event. I have snowflakes to hang from the lighting and ceiling, snowmen to decorate the buffet. Just looking for some extra ideas.

Thanks!
Lisa :bigsnow:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Very cute! I just printed it out! That will definitely be part of my appetizers.

Thanks!

:bigsnow:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know I just saw somewhere how to make little appetizer snowmen out of marshmallows....but now I can't find it!!! POO

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
A good old fashioned punch that adults and kids seem to like is the sherbet/ginger ale combo. I did this for Christmas Eve-I used pineapple sherbet (it's white) and poured ginger ale over it in the punchbowl-looks like melted snow!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Cathymac~

Thanks for the punch idea! I've been looking for a beverage that is "snowy" and that fits the bill! I will definitely add it to my list.

Lisa :bigsnow:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Such great ideas! I've printed out the Snowman Cheese Ball recipe, too and will definitely look for an excuse to make it.

You could have kids cut out a mess of paper snowflakes from white paper to stick to the windows. Either your own kids before the party, or as a craft for the younger kids to do at game night.

Don't know if this would help, but you can make a great snow paint by mixing equal parts Elmer's (white school) glue with shaving cream. You can fingerpaint it right on paper and it dries fluffy, sort of like marshmallow. Maybe you could cover styrofoam balls to look like the snowball ornaments that TerryLee5151 mentioned.