Family Games

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Our family has so much fun when we get together, it really doesn't matter what the occasion is we play games, sports you name it. At my dads house we have even started having a family talent show after we open our Christmas gifts. It's a hoot!! Please share any games that you family plays at your Christmas celebration.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We really love Apples to Apples. DH's family always plays a game called 500. I still don't get it, even after 18 years, but they love it.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
We used to play 500 for hours and hours (it's a trump card game) when I was in college! Loved that game! I've been wanting to teach my family how to play -- the kids are almost old enough.

Typically, on Christmas Day, we play "Watch Mom take a Nap" after the presents are all opened!

Seriously, there are always new board games every Christmas but DD's favorite, bar none, is CLUE. (We just started playing Apples to Apples, so maybe this will take its place).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm not sure if it is the same game but we also play 500 in Australia. After dinner all the boys have the traditional nap on the couch and my mum and I play as we discuss how the day went. The kids always get a new game for Christmas so we will play that at some stage.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I play a lot of crib with my husband during the holidays, and my boys love marathon sessions of Monopoly.

This year I have purchased two new games, "Don't Quote Me - Canadian Edition" (for 5.00!) and the collector tin of Rummoli (for 8.00).

snow

Retire Member
Sep 15, 2009
We always play pictionary, the whole family is super competitive but its always a good time :) Another game that seems to be a hit is "Catch Phrase". Its very simple but very fun, so I'll be bringing it along to Christmas dinner this year!