Favorite foods we remember BUYING from years gone by.....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
For me, what I am missing now (and it MAY just be the store I regularly shop at, still need to do some investigating) is the Lewis brand 1/2 loaf breads and their 4-packs of bagels and English muffins. I loved their multigrain bread and the 1/2 loaf size and 1/2 packs of bagels and muffins was the perfect size for me (household of one). The guy who was restocking the bread aisle said "it's not available" but couldn't tell me anything more. So, I'm not sure if the store quit carrying it, or if the Lewis bakery quit making it. I only have the freezer in my side-by-side refrigerator, so space is an issue. Just hate having bread and baked goods go bad before I can finish the package. Oh, and I want my original Zingers back!!!! The new filling is just nasty!
Wow! That's interesting. DH and I have wondered aloud why bread companies don't sell 4-packs of buns, bagels, etc. I think they would make a killing! So many more aging families than before. We, too, hate when bread products go bad before we can eat them all. I don't think any fresh bread product tastes the same after it's been frozen.

McCormick used to sell a seasoned pepper blend that I used on a cheeseball. They don't sell that one anymore. They have a blend, but it's not the same. Also, Bryan used to have roll or bulk sausage. It made the best tasting sausage balls. It's no longer available.

Jampss, I'm an unfrosted pop-tart person, too. No thanks to that crunchy (even after it's heated), too sweet topping! lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We, too, hate when bread products go bad before we can eat them all.
I agree. I try and make breadcrumbs and croutons and use my bread in meatloaf etc, but there is only so much you can do.