February 14th-20 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
February is moving on. The weather remains mild here and the mornings are darker when we wake. A few more weeks of Summer and then the beautiful Autumn days are upon us. I feel that time is really going slowly, has it really only been 7 weeks since New Year? It seems like it was so long ago. Anyway here is my list of things to keep me occupied for this week.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time,

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches (X)
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Must try and be more diligent with this in 2021 Will start teddy bear
*start/continue/finish one book (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 7 I also have magazines to read.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*continue looking for stocking fillers and gifts ( )

Extras:
*farewell Dinner for physio Monday (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X)
*craft/planning day with Mum Thursday (X)
*talk to Mum regarding charity gifts ( )
*DrillDance training day Saturday (X)

5 small chores:
1) Sort papers to file/shred ( )
2) Sort household folders (X)
3) Wash wall behind bins (X)
4) Wash wall behind dog bowls (X)
5) Clean sliding door track in laundry (X)

Word of the Year:
Improve

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've had cloudy days for the last couple of weeks with snow and ice appearing every now and then. Most days the temperatures have been below freezing. Walks are quick and short if the roads aren't icy. The snow is still on the ground. Last year, we had . 3 of an inch of snow. This year, more than 12 inches have fallen.

Weekly
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills - Tax
  • Correspondence: Sympathy Cards; Birthday card; Thank you card;
  • Appts: Funeral - Tues. morning; Ortho. - Tuesday afternoon; School - Thurs. evening
  • Menu Planning
    • Check that ingredients for this week's planned meals are in the house.
    • Make a grocery list for next week.
    • Buy groceries.
    • Food Prep: Cut up onions, peppers and carrots for upcoming meals.
    • Cook up beans in Instant Pot.
  • FlyLady: Family Room and Laundry area
    • Dust
    • Vacuum
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
    • Wipe down washer and dryer
  • Do weekly reflection.
    • Staple reflection papers to the planner pages.
  • Declutter basement: Front of middle section
  • Read Austen Book
To do if time permits
  • Refill Pancake Dry Mix.
  • Refill spice jars and spice mixes.
  • Update Prescription Plan
  • Update exercise plan and research plan
Personal
  • Spiritual: Bible & Journaling
  • Reading -
  • Genealogy: Webinar, DNA
  • Walking X
  • Weights
  • Water X

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh my ... I feel all over the place with being organized .... I’m sure it has to do with DS17’s OCD Ritualizing/ Anxiety/ADHD/ODD/Meltdowns/Teen Boy - Almost a Man ..... :(

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Since January, I've been taking an hour or two each Saturday to review the week with reflection questions. One of the things that came up for me is how menu planning is a struggle but also worth the effort. I've been doing monthly menu planning with flexibility in mind. I keep it in my planner but I decided to also put it in Google Calendar. Why oh why did I not think of this before? :rolleyes: Probably because I never reflected weekly! This is a changer for me! :)

With Google Calendar, I put the name of the dinner in the 4 am time slot. This way, it's one of the first things of the day for me to think about when I get notifications in email. I can set the meal to be weekly, monthly, annually, etc. For tonight's meal, Lentils and Italian Sausage, I decided to do annually. Next year on the same date, we can have the same meal if I choose. I don't have to rethink what we are having for dinner that night if I don't want to.
The other thing that I did was list the ingredients and directions in the document section of the calendar event. I don't have to look around and remember where I got the recipe from and what the ingredients are.

Today, when I looked at my calendar notifications in email, I clicked on the dinner email and up popped the name of the dinner and all the ingredients needed as well as the directions. I anticipate that this will save me so much time next year. I can also search in Calendar for the name of the dinner to see when I had it last. So in April, if I decide to do Lentils and Italian Sausage, I can do a search in Calendar for Lentils. All the dishes with Lentils in the title will show up and I can scroll down to Lentils and Italian Sausage. I copy and paste the information and put it into the April date.

I will still use paper and pen for menu planning. I just like using the technology of Google Calendar for efficiency. I'm sure this idea can be used for Apple and Microsoft calendars. I'm just not familiar with how those particular systems work.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh my ... I feel all over the place with being organized .... I’m sure it has to do with DS17’s OCD Ritualizing/ Anxiety/ADHD/ODD/Meltdowns/Teen Boy - Almost a Man ..... :(
And it's ok. :) Take one small step for you.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary.....WOW!! I am not familiar with Google calendars but what you describe sounds amazing.
DH does most of the cooking here so I would need to show him your post and see if it is something that would work for him. If I was meal planning I would absolutely want to use something like that.