February 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished a massive cleaning of kitchen, dining room, back hall and laundry room. Everything is well scrub and pitched a ton of just junk and papers. Still have a cabinet to clean but need husbands assistance since about half the stuff is his. The laundry closet needs done but I just ran out of gas.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Do you find it scary now? Is it small enough to put in a shadow box along with a photo of your grandmother? If that that sounds good keep it. If not I see not reason to keep it. Would someone else in the family like it? You can always take a photo but not if it isn't a good memory.

Now I want to make a shadow box.

I like your idea and Katrina's idea. The doll is life size so it won't fit in a shadow box. I may keep it to scare people when they enter a dark room. LOL! I'll have to think on this more. Thank you, ladies. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Everyone is doing so well! I have officially finished decluttering the basement until next year. I am so so happy! I have gone through all the things that could be passed on or shredded now. There are a few boxes with mementos that I will go through another time.

I was going to do the wrapping area on the 25th for Rudolph Day but figured I would tackle it now. I am so glad I did. Over the years, there were things that I thought the family used up and didn't tell me about so I bought more of those items. Well, they really fell down down behind the boxes. :eek: So, I now have 20 shrink bags for gift baskets, 6 bags of gift bows, a box filled to the brim with every color of tissue paper, 2 rolls of Santa wrapping and 20 new small gift bags. :rolleyes: I do not need to buy a single Christmas gift wrapping item.

Now I'll just have to organize the donation boxes because I literally was tossing stuff into the boxes. Weather permitting, I'd like to get these boxes out of the basement next week.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I like your idea and Katrina's idea. The doll is life size so it won't fit in a shadow box. I may keep it to scare people when they enter a dark room. LOL! I'll have to think on this more. Thank you, ladies. :)

Oh my, life size is a tad big!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, well done to you. A bonus finding all the Christmas supplies, as you said all set for Christmas for at least this year.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH took more paper to the big shredder today. I should be able to handle any other shredding here at home with my little shredder. Yay!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just come home and the boys have been working on the garage. A nice surprise, quite a few things gone and a lot more space now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 bedsheets have been added to the bag for the Homeless shelter, a dozen facecloths and 6 handtowels.
I've also filled a bag with yarn for my cousin, spoke to her this morning and she doesn't work and likes to knit, it's mostly yarn that was donated to me.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The carpet will be dry enough for us to walk on and stage the room for selling. March will be spent in MI caring for my brother but once I am back I will be focusing on shaking off the winter dust that has settled inside and beautifying the outdoors.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul