February 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I didn't get to clean out the master closet earlier in Jan like wanted to but I did tackle it over the this weekend. I got 3 bags of clothes/shoes ready to go. Also gave away a couple quilts/comforter sets.Threw out some stuff that were ripped/stained/broken. Went through a couple totes that we had in the master bedroom too and cleared them out. Using one to wrangle up the extra Christmas decorations I either recently bought or found tucked away and forgotten about in the closet LOL.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I purged my clothing last month and now have a pile to list on a sale site and a pile to donate. Need to get them out of the house. This month I want to focus on the kitchen I think and purging things that we don't use enough to warrant keeping, or use at all and I keep for just in case. If I get that done then i'll move to another area.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
When Allen goes to Nashville today he will take a huge bag of plastic sacks for recycling, and when he goes to the hospital to see Aunt Im (she lives in the skilled care unit there. Just needs help getting up and with bath and restroom) he will drop off a bag of old glasses in the Loins Club box. I have 5 pairs in there and he has one. I have the pair I wear and then there are 2 others that I can see out of (pretty good) if something was to happen to this pair. I should get rid of another pair but.... Then when he goes to pay Aunt Ims water bill he will drop off a bag of plastic lids at City Hall for the bench project.

Not lots out but----- all to recycling and alittle out of here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I finally got all the decluttered stuff from the basement out to the donation center yesterday. I always feel so much better. This week I'll be decluttering the kitchen.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh took two huge boxes of odds and ends to Goodwill. Then he dropped off two extra large packing boxing stuffed with more packing boxes to his golf buddy. Lots out of the house today.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I stuffed my Rav full of junk and dropped it off at the thrift shop. I really didn’t feel up to going today but now I’m glad that I did. I did go into the shop ( I know I shouldn’t have!) but I was a good girl.
My back hall is full of cat stuff that all needs to go to a shelter now that both of our boys are gone. I didn’t realize how much stuff we had for them. I’m still gathering things up slowly, it’s a painful process.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
There wasn't much to sort through in the kitchen. I tossed old grocery circulars from the last few weeks.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I may get some decluttering done this week as I plan to clean a hot spot--sewing room, everything in the way gets shoved in there. Hasn't been clean since family was here at Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I may get some decluttering done this week as I plan to clean a hot spot--sewing room, everything in the way gets shoved in there. Hasn't been clean since family was here at Christmas.
My craft room has also been a catch all since Christmas. There are still gift bags in there that DH has not unpacked plus all the garbage bags for the charity shop, it is a real mess.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have a dresser in my room that holds all my oldest daughters clothes let see she moved out 2 years ago. I want to use the dresser in my craft room so I really need to go thru it and get rid of things I know she won't want or won't fit and when she comes over again have her go thru the rest with her work schedule I haven't seen her since Christmas

Reactions: Lana and jampss