February 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's gone! The basement clutter is gone! Ahhh... It's a wonderful feeling.

Now I'm moving on to the rest of the house. I have 6 weeks until the school "clothing and more" drive. I'm going to do a deep declutter in one room a week, more if possible.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Good job Mary!! It's always an awesome feeling.

I added to the stuff I wanted to drop off last week and ended up with an entire back seat full of stuff. Always a great feeling! Down side, the place I've been taking my stuff to has the grumpiest attendants. Seriously, I try and be nice, but they literally don't say ANYTHING in return. DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary!! Well done.

I tidied the linen cupboard today, I tossed a couple of face washers and a couple of tea towels.
I took some brand new tea towels and a few Christmas labels to Mum's she will use them for something I am sure.
Still need to do the bottom shelf of the linen cupboard at some stage.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I was THRILLED to de-clutter the Christmas, Easter, Fall, and 4th of July decor bins! I really purged and I already took it along with a box of books and clothes to the animal shelter thrift shop! I went through my clothes closet as well because I have to pull out all my hanging clothes to get to these shelves on the side and that's where for thirty years ... Christmas decor bins have been. Well, I moved them and all the others to DD28's old room closet. Whew!! Yay! I feel ... lighter! LOL :p

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SIL came by today and left with two big dictionnaries :) wanted to get rid of them but nobody wanted them was thinking of bringing them to the thrift store. she wanted them for her daughter so win-win

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Washed and reorganized main pantry, got quite a few things out of there, will keep less inventory from now on.
I did the same. Added a few items that I will need for Winter to the main grocery list. I really have to pare down I what I keep on hand now that it is just DH and I.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I took 8 bags of clothes and purses to Midwest Veterans Closet. This organization gives to Vets and active duty military members in need. Most of the clothing was mom’s and I did not want them to be sold but to help those in need. A very warm and grateful staff greeted us. That was a lot out of the house. I still have a couple more items I would like to get out of the house.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
February was a massive decluttering month. I have a lot more to do so looking forward to continuing in March.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A bag of coathangers and a bbq tool set gone. An old sewing basket will go too.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yesterday, the last day of Feb 2021, DH and I went through his clothes (hanging in the closet, belts, shoes, sweater drawer, t-shirt drawers, shorts, pants, and socks) Whew!! He got rid of a lot! I have to hand it to him. Seriously, he wears the same few items so why hang on to all this other stuff. Or .... it was too small and it was in there a really really really long time. Bye bye!

He was wearing these old worn out socks to work ... I said toss them all! And later, we went to Ollie's and he got new backs! It's the little things ...

We loaded the bags in the van and I will take it to donate today (Monday, March 1st) or tomorrow!! Woot!! :D