February 2023 decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been doing a declutter challenge with Diane in Denmark (YouTube) and didn't think I had much but surprisingly I do. Will see what all goes to the Charity pick-up at the end of the month.

Went through a whole stack of pictures and watched a Minimal Mom video about minimizing pictures and now have the direction I wish to go. Just need to order the supplies I need. Oh, pulled pictures from photo albums and added them to the others and eliminated them also. I have yet to decide if I will keep the ones that are not going to be used and let the kids go through them, I don't thing DS(31) has looked at looked through the photos when I gave them albums to fill with what they wanted a years ago.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just sorted about 250 photos While LC1 gave DD a shower. Am keeping less than 25 and the rest are in the trash.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Diedra, I need to be more ruthless than I am being right. I set a goal of keeping only 600. 100 photo sheets hold 6 photos each. I’ve along way to go.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, that chest is wonderful, what a great find.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just sorted about 250 photos While LC1 gave DD a shower. Am keeping less than 25 and the rest are in the trash.
The photos are on my list for this Winter. I have a trunk full of photos plus maps and paper items from my 2 trips to the US that I need to sort through.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Printer died so it is leaving. Of course a new one is coming in.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the red chest!

Over the weekend:
  • 1 plastic shelf
  • DH shredded a few inches of papers
  • 1 toy ketchup bottle
  • 2 magazines from toy stores I had kept for the kids to play with
  • 3 children's book will be given back to the free library
  • 6 weights - belonged to dd but she does not want them and they don't fit with standard bars.
  • 2 tiny glass hearts - given to dd's step-children
  • 1 stuffed toy
  • 1 tupperware - will be given to dniece
  • 1 tupperware pie bowl - dd took it out of her closet to bring to her house
  • 1 camping mat - also dd's taken to her new house
  • 1 set of pasta plates - also dd's taken to her new house

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Took 2 large boxes full of kitchen items to the church for their first market day of the year. The theme this month is kitchen and homewares. Glad to get a little out. I am putting things in the spare room as I find them and will take to the church as each market day gets closer, the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Decluttered my thread box. Have 29 wooden spools to sell and 25 plastic spools to take to the thrift store. It looks so much better. Forgot to take a before photo. Just image what a mess it was with another 54 spools piled into it. Since I do not sew now why do I need all those threads? Lots of duplicates going. I ordered those little spool thread holders to keep the threads tidy.4F9F1E51-9CB6-4D42-8C39-B07B50038FB8.jpeg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A huge pile of papers to be shredded. A couple of empty sauce bottles from under the sink and a few used reed diffusers have all gone out today,

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered shelves that we have going down our basement stairs. I recycled a bunch of plastic containers that I was going to use for crafts and never did. I filled two small boxes with glass bottles and jars that are really nice for candle making, which I also was going to do but never did. They are going to the thrift store.

I made a big dent in my paperwork. It's now just family history stuff in the pile that needs to be filed. It's a perfect job for a rainy day or for when I want to watch TV. :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I decluttered shelves that we have going down our basement stairs. I recycled a bunch of plastic containers that I was going to use for crafts and never did. I filled two small boxes with glass bottles and jars that are really nice for candle making, which I also was going to do but never did. They are going to the thrift store.

I made a big dent in my paperwork. It's now just family history stuff in the pile that needs to be filed. It's a perfect job for a rainy day or for when I want to watch TV. :)
I think many of us can relate to "I was going to....but never did" and it's a great start to decluttering.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It's now just family history stuff in the pile that needs to be filed. It's a perfect job for a rainy day or for when I want to watch TV. :)
This has been on my to do list as a major project for the last 2 Winters. I need to really do this, I haven't even updated the information on my brother and Nana since their passing last year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I sent to Jaymee's a newspaper and shirt.

Went thru more paper items so alot is in trash sack and also cleaned out my box of Christmas stickers (I use a few on cards--I am sure some of you have noticed--lol) that were emptied or only had a few odd things on them and pitched them. Also some so old they wouldn't stick.

Got a few pieces of clothing that are to small for Teigan put into a sack.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a ton of straws. It makes it easier to drink water from a straw when I'm driving.

I sorted through papers and got rid of a small bag of papers. I have started a new donation box too: clothes, pillow and two books so far.
I have straws in my glove box for my drinks when I drive. For in the house I have re-useable straws that I keep in a straw holder.DAEDAAA8-F520-462A-8523-12586C11CF30.jpeg

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I organized two totes of Christmas crafts. One tote is just pine cones and the other is ornaments to be crafted. I need to find a larger tote to put giant pine cones into. Am running out of totes. lol Well maybe running out of the kind of totes I want to use. I have some of those totes that have two flaps for lids but I do not like them so not using them but might break down just to get thinks organized. Tossed out some glass Christmas bulbs.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finally dropped off the donation at the Humane Society yesterday. Lots of bags and boxed in my van from me and two other friends. I added one more box from life coach after house cleaning job.