February 2023 decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2 DrillDance coaching manuals are going to the Technical Director for some one else to use.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I keep forgetting that shredding counts as decluttering! Shredded an entire box of travel documents from Vic's trips from two commands ago, all of the stuff is in the travel site including uploads of all the documents so no need to keep the paper any longer. I dropped off all the bags of paper chips (that I bought for a game at Christmas that we never played) at the food bank and a box of Starbucks mugs at the charity shop. We collected them on trips across the country the last two East Coast to West Coast drives but I don't have anywhere to display them and really don't want to . I thought about Ebay but there are way too many on there already so figured I'd pass them on for the charity shop to get the benefit of selling them. I did keep a few (Florida, Illinois, Virginia, and Washington for the states Vic has had tours of duty, need to get Rhode Island) as well as California and Oregon, which along with Washington make up the West Coast. Also dropped off a Nutri Bullet thing that Vic wanted for smoothies that he never made in four years.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
11 more boxes ready to go into Dh car. I have three more boxes in the basement of electronics but they will wait for the city wide Trash day.85F574EC-84A2-47D0-9213-5ECA5FDBF934.jpeg Guy came yesterday to pick up a camera lens we found. And I found a box of dinner glasses to go too.

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Diedra, you're going to have an empty house if you keep going!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I haven't even updated the information on my brother and Nana since their passing last year.
I think that would be very hard to do. Actually, now that you mention it, I haven't updated my tree with my nephew's death either. I'm just not ready to do that yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Lana

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I sorted through the Christmas boxes. There were some garlands that needed some TLC such as glueing things back on. Other things were placed in clear bags so I can see exactly what I have. I always think I'll do that in July but it never works out. Then when it is time to decorate in December, I'm overwhelmed and it doesn't get done. I thought about it while putting things away in January but then I'm too sentimental. :rolleyes: By now, I'm in full decluttering/organizing mode. Sentiment is out the door and practical is welcomed in. I have some things to donate but not as much as I thought.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
There were some garlands that needed some TLC such as glueing things back on. Other things were placed in clear bags so I can see exactly what I have. I always think I'll do that in July but it never works out.
I kept some items out for January Rudy day and it worked well for me. I now know that it is ready to go come December.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Cleared out the linen closet and tossed some old/unwanted/unneeded sheets and towels.

Asked DH to go through all the bulbs we have accumulated, keep the ones we use and give the other ones to goodwill or whatever.

Next might be table linens which are currently being kept in the drawer of a small desk in the dining area.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a large box packed and ready for the charity pick-up tomorrow. Stuff I have declutter while putting Christmas away or saw while walking around the house. Pick up is tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Did not get any decluttering done since I was gone most of the day. I did put organizing boxes into a drawer in my wash stand.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Monday, I went over to a friends house and helped her declutter and organize an area in her walk in closet. It NEEDS help!! But it over whelms her, so we did a little bit and that inspired her to keep going! Yay!

We have a place in town that is called The Repurpose Project. It's a thrift store sort of. It takes renovation/household items/crafts (not clothes or dishes or toys) ... hinges, light bulbs, material for sewing, yarn, door pulls, doors, windows, pipes, fittings, lumber, tile ... think hardware-store-thrift store. It's unique for sure.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Went through the table linens and got rid of a few. Waiting to go to a goodwill or something to drop stuff off.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I donated a few things to the church. This month is travel and sporting goods. I donated some hand weights, a basketball, a small fold up umbrella, a backpack.
April is clothing and accessories so I will look through my wardrobe and shoes soon and see what I can find. Time for me to sort through Winter clothes so that will be a win/win.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, I have said it before but I love how the church has a monthly item.
It actually makes it easier for me to donate items as I can focus on one thing and I tend to toss a bit more because I know that it is what is needed this month.

• Love
Reactions: jampss and luludou

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Three bags and one box of stuff to the Airman's Attic.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started deep cleaning the kitchen, I did not mean to it just happened. 4 drinking glasses, 1 travel keep cup, 1 garlic press, 10 or so tubes of decorating icing, 1 small serving dish, 1 electric frying pan, 3 tea towels gone and are in the church pile. 3 glass cordial bottles and travel medicines sorter to go to Mum's. A few expired medicines and throat lozenges are tossed or will go to the chemist for disposal.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A bra, a shirt and a juicer

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Today more paper out, broken yardstick, and my Christmas tree star topper. It had a few broken pieces that didn't get fixed for Christmas and had a couple others loose so into trash it went. I loved that topper. Got it at Lowes and they had it this past Christmas so will definitely look this year for it.