February Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Time to start thinking February....we did a GREAT job in Janaury and you still have time to jump on board for January...we have TWO more Move It Out Mondays in January and a little over a week to get to a cluttered area and clean it!! If you are running behind...try to at least get in the mini focus area!! Let's keep inspired....

FEBRUARY DECLUTTER GOALS:

1. Participate in MOVE IT OUT MONDAY...every week....YOU CAN DO IT...one bag at a time!

2. INSTEAD OF AN AREA.....we are going to set declutter hours as a goal....HOW MANY HOURS will you commit to for FEBRUARY? An hour a week for a total of four? Two hours a week for a total of eight? POST YOUR HOURS GOAL in this thread!! and then update every time you spend time reaching you declutter goal!

3. Pick a mini focus again and let's get to every spot in our houses...big or small.

I feel the new energy flowing from getting rid of JUNK....and I have a litle space and it's easier to find things....so let's not fall off the wagon...Let's keep moving!!

I'm waiting to hear....what will you committ to hour wise for February!

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
When we started January Declutter I made a schedule for half of the year that will allow me to hit all the spots I need to.

My main area for February is going to be the kitchen with the mini focus on the pantry. I will plan on dedicating an hour a week to this project.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes...I have an area for February also....it is still the horrid basement but I am making progress so don't want to move to anywhere else...

I will committ to 10 hours for February....it's a lot I know but I am BOUND and DETERMINED to actually finish this job this time around...EVEN if it takes me six months!!

I CAN DO IT!!!!

And then when it's done the next horrid place....OUR GARAGE....aaawwwwww!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
My Declutter will continue with my clothes.. since we are now going to make the Guest Bedroom my Granddaughters Bedroom I have way to many clothes in there.. so I will work on that..

I also have my Dining Room as my Room for February.. working in there will actually help me declutter that room and also some of the material in my craft room.. as I will be using some of it to make a new Table Runner and cover my Chairs..

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
HMMMM...luludou and Dakotasmamaw......your February goal of hours???.....it can be big or small.....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My main area will be my back deck. It is a dumping ground for everything that needs to be taken to the shed or taken to the charity bin. I love my deck but it is a mess. I have a cupboard out there that needs prettying up and tidying. I have an outdoor clothesline that I use all the time but cannot access properly. I will commit 3 hours to this job.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
My aim is to work on the guest bedroom. I need to clear off the bed (again!) and also go through the wardrobe to clear out things I won't wear again.

I want to dedicate about 5 hours to this.

And if I get more time than that, I will be back to working on the paperwork in the sitting room (organising, filing and dumping).

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I like this Decluttering Club thread.

For February I will do the craft room.
4 or 5 years ago we took everything out of it and I sorted it all top to bottom and it had stayed pretty good. Moved out gobs of stuff to trash, goodwill and my sister and I have yet to miss any of it. I have stuff out that needs to be put back, material all over because when I dig thru it and the desk here by the computer is loaded with stuff I have printed off and stuff. Really need to sort patterns, that will be the time getter. I would say about 20 hours in here.

Mini focus will be the laundry room cabinets and closet. 2 hours there.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I Love This Thread!!
I will dedicate 1 hour a week in February. My focus will be the bathroom cabinets. There are only 5 of them!! My mini focus will be the closet in the utility room. Not bad just needs to organize it again.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I like doing the hours much better than trying to complete a project. My projects are too monumental and my time is so limited. I only have two free days per week since I help with my DGD2. I think I will accomplish much more this way.

I will commit to one hour per week. I've already fallen off the wagon every week since we've started this. I keep jumping back on, only to fall off again. I think I also need to set smaller more realistic goals. Trying to tackle my Desk area - well, it's going to take more than a month of Mondays, that's for sure.

Tonight, I will work an hour printing pictures that my son needs. This is at my desk area, and a job that needs to be done.

:smilehearts:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I think I like the hours best, too! Then it does not seem too daunting to me.

In February I will commit to 6 hours - 12 half hour blocks and my mini focus area will be the foyer. Need to declutter, wash the floors and hang the pictures.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
SinceI am home during the day I will try to set goal according to areas instead of time. I need to get back into the kitchen. I already did 3 cabinets so that will help.I realized today I couldn't find stuff in my spice cabinet so that will be my first goal, as well as the pantry. I need to pack up the Christmas Eggnog bowls and my winter dishes any way so it's a good room for me to focus on.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, I am certainly ashamed of myself. I thought I had my bedroom for January. Um, no. It was my sewing/crafting/office area. Would you be shocked if I said I am going to have to say my sewing, etc for February? I'm going to pledge four hours for starters. Hopefully I will be able to add more. (Hanging head in shame, shame, shame!)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Pam-don't feel bad we all have our moments. do what you can and be happy in that :) Before long you will have extra time to declutter

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hey girls....I think most of us have done way more than we thought we could....if you fall off the wagon it doesn't matter....as long as you don;t let it run over you...and get back on it....

That is where my problem has been in the past....too much time between declutter efforts....the way I am doing it now...it is more consistent.....and even small jobs make a difference...

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I'll have to continue with my office/sewing room. I've done a lot in here this month, but it's so bad, that it's hard to tell that I've done much! I'll be gone for the first week and a half, but I'll be back and ready to go! Then I'll have to tackle all the fabric! Good luck to everyone!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My focus this month will be the kitchen (specifically the pantry closets and cabinets). There's just too much stuff in there that we don't use!

My mini focus area will be my desk...during the holidays I parked a lot of paper there because I could just close the door (I reclaimed a guest room closet last year and made it my desk area!) now it's time to sort and file.

I will commit to 8 hours - I'm going to need it!