February Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have intentions for the month so I thought I would get started.
[X ] My closet and dresser drawers. Still too many clothes
[ ] Under the kitchen sink
[ ] Craft/sewing area (this will be a total reorganization), which will be hard b/c I just might need that.
[X] Finished decorating the upstairs hall after painting it.
I should be able to accomplish that with in the month of February since I will be a my mom's for a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minta and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
thanks for getting us started Jody.
I am behind at the moment, combination of been too busy and the fact that it is too hot. Hoping to get things if not some planning for decluttering.

Reactions: Minta

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
[ ] under the kitchen sink (I have told myself to do this the last few days)
[ ] top shelf in my closet

I know there are areas that I will be adding.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Didn't get much done in Jan since we were all sick at one time or another during the month.
Large trash bag of donations setout today for donation pick up. Goal is to have at least 1 large trash every other month for donation pick up.

This month I am bound and determined to get our master closet reorganized so I can stores some totes in there and get them out of the master bedroom.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I cleaned 4 dresser drawers yesterday and today is house cleaning and a movie with a friend.

Reactions: jampss and Minta

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
February is a short month, so I better get moving! My plan is to organize underneath the bathroom sink and get a new storage basket for there. The current one is wicker, and has broken rattan pieces, and Dayquil spilled in there and created a jelly-like mess that is impossible to clean with the wicker. I would also like to sort through my winter clothes. There is so much that I have not worn for whatever reason (too small, too itchy, out of style, etc) best just to donate it.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
want to finish working on a spare room to keep my decorations in. already did some but need to finish. did make 3 bags of stuff for goodwill from the attic no more needed

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My mission to use what I have came up with several alternatives to purchasing. Today, while shopping at Michaels, Family Dollar, ect. I found myself putting things back, b/c I thought of something I already had. For example, chair pads for the legs on my kitchen chairs trying to find something to put in my hallway after I get it painted. I was measuring everything. Today, I found it! It is a 4 shelf book case that is holding stuff in the craft room and since I emptied so much out of the room I don't need it in there. Win! I have to do something to make it look nicer oh wait I have some leftover fabric I can use. These things always make me happy. I just wish I wasn't a crockpot thinker. The ideas and thoughts have to simmer for a while before I come up with a solution.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I cleaned out 4 kitchen drawers today and threw away silverware (ones with plastic handles) and other plastic spoons that were some melted and stained wooden spoons. Washed up items in the bottom drawer that had been stored a long time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I finished the project that I had been putting off for 2 weeks. Painting the hallway. Now I just need to decided what wall decor I will use, that is the fun part. I have ideas just need to see what I like best. That will be tomorrows job.
Once that is done I will finish my declutter list.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
got rid of some papers in my bedside table and expired medications in the bathroom cabinet (brought them back to the pharmacy with some empty pill bottles)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cleaned out my cart beside the pc old mail papers. made one bag for good will clothes i dont want in my bedroom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD is moving out to share a house with friends. So there will be a whole lot of decluttering going on at our house. She moves on the weekend of March 3rd so a lot for her to do before then.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Well, since I still have some Christmas totes in my bedroom, I plan to get those out of my room & put away.
I've been cleaning out the closet & dressers each month. My goal is 3 items of mine & 6 items of DH every month. He wore his clothes until they were pretty ratty. Some things didn't make it to the donation bag.
Yesterday I cleaned out the drawer in the entertainment center. He threw EVERYTHING in there. It was his junk drawer. I found a 1.00 winning lottery ticket. That will be added to the scrapbook since he was addicted to scratch-offs.
I've kind of been a slouch when it comes to organizing & going through things. I think I'm finally ready to just go at it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Straightened the pantry last night. Allen had put some shelves on the door so I made use of them. Threw some items out but very little since I had just cleaned it before Christmas.