February Magical Moment #5 Love: The Greatest Gift

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
February Magical Moment #5 Love: The Greatest Gift

Love is the greatest gift we can give others...unconditional love....no strings attached. However some people confuse unconditional love with being accepting of EVERYTHING. Love is different from letting someone take advantage of you, weak boundaries, and ignoring your own needs. Unconditional love means you love the person no matter what but you may not love their behavior and you can still set boundaries!
Sometimes I struggle with unconditional love, some days it just feels buried under a heap of other stuff....still there I'm sure but just not very accessible. It's on those days that I REALLY try to be kinder and more loving toward EVERYONE I meet. I find that giving this to others, brings it back to myself.

Love is powerful and life changing but it is not just a given...it is a process and a frame of mind that needs to be nurtured! How are you nurturing love within yourself and how are you bringing it out for others to enjoy?

When we were younger our peers can be so judgemental and gossipy. I had a best friend who always had to find gossip and share it. This was part of her way of challenging her insecurities. She was heavier than the rest of us (she was a dancer in our group) and felt in order to make friends you had to have an "inside" scoop. Her boundaries were unlimited. Even as her best friend she found it ok to talk about me and I had to make a decision to either accept her as she was, and know that she doesn't mean to be hurtful, and move on OR choose to not want her to be a part of my life. That is when I learned how to "choose my battles". Was it worth losing her entirely for the few times she spoke about me unknowingly hurting my feelings or just understand that Dawn is Dawn and she will mature soon enough.

To this day she is still my best friend and we talk on the phone at least once or twice a week and she matured and doesn't gossip AS MUCH but we all have a little gossip in us....hehe

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I realized the impact unconditional love could have on my life when my mother married my "Dad" (my stepfather). He always showed us unconditional love...and besides the love of my mother, I had never experienced it before.

I try to practice unconditional love. I'm human, and I fail at times....when I need to be practicing it most of all! Someone gave me a little book many years ago because I was struggling with Acceptance and Forgiveness...and had been struggling for about 20 years. Learning to accept and forgive makes me more able to love unconditionally.

I have a long way to go to perfect the ability to love unconditionally, but I work on it continuously!

Great topic, thanks Gingerbug! :pink:

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I realized how much I loved my hubby when he got sick last month. Having to do the things I had to do to make sure he got better showed me that with true love you can do anything.