Final Countdown

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Today is the day....final countdown to our autumn party. It has rained for the last two days.....so no way to get outside stuff ready....still need to final clean the kitchen and bathroom as well. So loads to do .....AND I'm waiting for someone to deliver some DRY wood since ours was not covered during the downpour!!!! YIKES!

Well off to get busy....you won't see me much today....but tomorrow I'll provide you with an update and to dos and to do NOTs.........lol

GOOD LUCK...cathymac on your gathering as well!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hoping all the BOO Party's go very well. Wishing everyone good cheer and good friends.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Best wishes for all the parities that are going on.

:snowman: Melanie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well the Boo Bash went over well....the weather cooperated, the food was good, and the last guests left at 2:45 am.....yikes I'm a bit tired today.....LOL....

Later today we are going to do our check list....things we liked, things to change, ideas for next year etc. Then I can tuck things away on my Halloween/Fall notebook for next year...

AND move on to planning Thanksgiving and Christmas parties...better get them both done....time is flying by!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ours went well also! We had four days of rain this week, but most of my stuff needed to be done last minute anyway. We spent most of Friday afternoon and all of Saturday setting up...BUT I had a countdown checklist, and I'd said anything that wasn't done by 4 pm wasn't going to be done..and at 4 p.m. I was eating a cheeseburger while surveying my completed party area. I was a happy little camper!

My brother brought us wood for our fire, hay and PUMPKINS!!!! He found several orange and green pumpkins and a bunch of gourds that the silly deer didn't eat, and he also brought a tractor and trailer with hay for a hayride! The kids loved it!! We had 60 people here, and only ONE person didn't have on a costume! We had lots of cowboys, a few farmers, a scarecrow, Burger King, a prom queen and a snow queen, sleeping beauty (Mom in her robe, cold cream on her face and slippers...too, too funny), the lady they always interview on tv when the tornado comes through (no teeth and all) and the entire cast of Annie, along with Bonnie and Clyde, and a trio of bikers! There were others, as well! We finished up around 10:30 p.m. It was great fun. :hat:

I'll be getting some photos up later today! We had a ball, and everyone requested that we do it again next year! I'll also be creating a to do and not to do list for next year and putting it in my fall notebook, along with pictures from this year!

We have guests coming for Halloween, but it will be so low key that I'm not even thinking about it too much-all the decorating is done! :jack: