Finked out -- we have a Christmas Reindeer instead

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, this is what I get for being a tightwad and not ordering a 'real' elf! I really could NOT find an elf doll anywhere. Who'd think that there'd be none to be found in our town?? So I decided that this year, we'll have a magic reindeer instead. . . I know, not as fun, but better than nothing. Next year, Flake the reindeer will bring an elf home from the North Pole when he comes back (or later THIS year, if I ever find an elf!).

Flake will come to our house this next weekend with tickets to a Christmas play put on by our church, and will stay to do all sorts of fun stuff. Afterall, he's just too little to help pull the sleigh!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Actually I think the reindeer option is cute and very doable...lots of fun variations on the reindeer antics....Can't wait to hear about everything you come up with!!!

Ummm....I might even start an "Adopt a Reindeer" page over at Magic Elves....this could be tons of fun!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You got me involved!

I haven't followed the "elf thing" because I do not have little kids at home. I have felt left out of all the fun. lol

The Reindeer has got to me. I love this idea and I will be doing this for me! I received a cute stocking from my wonderful Stocking Swap partner that had a little stuffed Gund moose attached with velco (no longer attached). Last year a lady at dh work sent me a stuffed Caribou Coffee caribou. Well you get the idea.

They both are the same size so I have a "couple". Miss Cari Bou is in love with "Yet to be Named" Sir Moose. Now they have do something for the couple that lives here.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
A Christmas Reindeer is a great idea!!

Have fun!!

:snowman: Melanie

johnasmom

Retire Member
Dec 18, 2007
Central Michigan
I love the reindeer idea. Last year I had the same problem about finding an elf and ending up with a Gingerbread girl instead. The kids loved her and this year when she wrote a letter saying she had to stay and help Santa with all his holiday baking and the elves were coming-the kids were upset. Since Jiggles and Twinkle have shown up they aren't as sad since the elves have kept them on their toes.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ummm...just a thought but if you'd like....you could have the Gingerbread Girl show up in July...for Christmas in July and just for fun...for a week or the month...just an idea!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You know, I just thought about it. I have 2 Christmas Reindeer that I bought from Dollar Tree a couple of years ago. Right now they are being displayed in my curio but I could use them next year to do little things with my boyfriend as well as with my little nieces and nephews since I myself have no children, yet.