First Communion Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi ladies!

I'm planning a small gathering (36 people or so!) after Miss M's first communion. Mass is at 10, then there will be a little breakfast at church for the kids. So, I'm thinking 1ish for my house because I'll need set up time. My theme is pink/white/crosses. I have ordered a cross shaped cake covered in white icing roses, with a pink banner that reads "God Bless Madison". I'm going to make cupcakes, myself as well.

I am torn on the menu. I'm thinking

Apps~Deviled Eggs, Cheese and Crackers, BLT tip with crackers, veggies and dip.

Main~Ham (roast a ham and slice) on hard rolls with a choice of cheese (or should I just do a deli platter?!), Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Tossed Salad, Fruit Salad....not sure if I should have a hot dish too....like rigatoni and meat sauce?!

Beverages~Tea, Water, Punch, Soda

I'm also thinking some cookies as part of dessert.

I don't want it to be a "heavy" luncheon

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Toss that ham in the crock pot to cook. Drain off the liquid just before serving and the crock pot will keep it warm for you.

Sound like you will have a great time.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
This is a day for you to enjoy with your family. Make it easy on yourself, Lisa. I like the ham sandwiches, some salads, maybe chips, drinks and the dessert. 36 people~is that including the 4 of you? Use the K.I.S.S. system.....keep it simple, stupid (the stupid I reserve for myself, no one else!).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sounds great with what you have planned. I, too, suggest keeping it simple with the ham sandwiches and salads.