First out, last away...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
The first thing I usually get out is the candles that my Dad made years ago. I have a nativity, Christmas trees and angels and it always is a nice way to start the holidays. They are the last to be put away also.

I have a lot of snowmen, so I put away all of them that have any color in them, I leave out the silver and white ones and have tons of snowflakes that I put all over. It is a nice change from all the colors of Christmas. One of my bathrooms is done in dark blue, with gold and silver stars and to this I add lots of snowflakes and snowmen (white). I makes it very pretty.

I leave all of this out till after Valentine's day and perhaps later depending on the weather.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Usually when the last thing I put away is something left out by accident - some type of greenery or little knick-knack left on a shelf or top of a cabinet. The first thing out for me is the lighted garland I hang around the diningroom, livingroom and hallway.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Don't remember what we put up first. Think it was our outside lights. We took our tree down today. Outside are unplugged they stay up all year. Will put our snowglobes up in a few days.

rose

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
The first thing out is our Nativity and it's the second to last to be put away.
The last thing put away is the Christmas village. It's not that big of a collection and it's sits on top of my china cabinet so it's not in the way but it's nice to see it turn on during Jan when everything else is gone. It looks pretty lit up during our very cold winter days.