Fleece Throws Cheap for backing....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
After work I ran by Goodys and they had fleece blankets (50X70) for $2.99. I brought several thinking I could use them for backing to (or even the batting) baby blankets. I can get a few out of one and that beats the price of a yard of fleece. I got light pink, light yellow and a light blue.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
You can even take two and make the no-sew blankets out of them. I did that for my dd's bestfriend in a pinch when I couldn't remember where I put the carebear fleece I bought for her in Jan for an Oct birthday. I did end up making her the Carebear one also but she uses the one I made out of the fleece throws more.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I wondered if you could do that! I found some really great fleece throws at the dollar store around Halloween for under $3 each. I then found some nice faux fur that would be perfect for a throw in our bedroom, but the back side was rough. I'm going to go get a couple of yards and try this out! Thanks for the tip!

:heartsNY:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Cathymac- The only thing that you have to be careful with the fur material which I know at our Joannes is fleece is that you can't cut and tie it like the other. Because it will fall apart. One of the employees there told me that she found out the hard way. Both my girls and my niece want bedspreads out of the fun fur material. That is one thing I am making them for their birthdays.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Thanks for the heads up! I think we'll stitch the two together, right sides together and then turn it right side out...like you do a pillow. Does that make any sense? Mom said she'll stitch the two together like a quilt to keep it from becoming lop-sided.